• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anodized Aluminum Trim

Maxrat

Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
I'm having the anodized aluminum trim (running on top of quarters, doors, and front fenders) stripped of the anodizing, fixing scratches and polishing. Is there a good product (somebody can testify to) that can keep the polished aluminum from oxidizing? Also, does anyone make and entire kit to reinstall this trim?

Yes there is a product I found but the name escapes me right now. Smells like kerosene and has little cotton-ball like pads in it. Works great for cleaning and then I simply use car polish/wax over top. I will go out to the garage and look in a while and post.

Yes there is a product I found but the name escapes me right now. Smells like kerosene and has little cotton-ball like pads in it. Works great for cleaning and then I simply use car polish/wax over top. I will go out to the garage and look in a while and post.
NevrDul in a can at
auto parts stores.

We used an aircraft spec. version of this in warbird restorations.
I do not remember the chemical company name and in our use we bought in 55 gal. drums. On polished alum. skins the aircraft would usually remain spotless for 2 years (assuming the owner was vigilant in keeping airshow attendees from pawing and hand printing their eyes apple).
https://www.eastwood.com/sharkhide-aluminum-protectant-quart.html

Check this stuff out. Marketed as "the world's strongest clear coat," I've been using it exclusively on the aluminum parts I polish for the last couple of years and it's pretty amazing. A little bit goes a long way; all you need is an HVLP gun with a .08 mm spray tip. You will never need to touch it up or redo it like the Nev-R-Dull, Zoop Seal, etc., kind of products. Just make sure all your buffing compounds, lint, fingerprints and smudges are wiped clean first -- once it's on there, it's ON THERE.
https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/MC-160Q/high-gloss-ceramic-clear/

Last edited:
NevrDul in a can at
auto parts stores.
Yep, that's it ... $6 at Walmart
1a07f108-ac50-432d-b9e8-86f125bcdb57_1.071bbe54669db21b56a49168f7fc708f.jpg

Check this stuff out. Marketed as "the world's strongest clear coat," I've been using it exclusively on the aluminum parts I polish for the last couple of years and it's pretty amazing. A little bit goes a long way; all you need is an HVLP gun with a .08 mm spray tip. Once it's on there you will not need to touch it up or redo it like the Nev-R-Dull, Zoop Seal, etc., kind of products.
https://www.cerakote.com/finishes/MC-160Q/high-gloss-ceramic-clear/
Now that is THE cat's pajamas!!! Thank you!

Try Surf City Garage Absolute Aluminum... Had good results as it cleans, polishes and protects..

Auto Transport Service
Back