• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another “gift” from Albany!

Red63440

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
C6AE5F66-CF39-47FB-A2BD-54516D897CCA.jpeg

Hmmm
How about uncorked Harley Davidsons that these fine Albany legislators and NY DMV ride???

I know the factory installed some systems that are pretty dang loud.....heck, I've been running straight pipe systems on my junk since the mid 70's and well, they are not loud until you stick your foot in it.

What is “excessive”, it’s all a matter of opinion. **** ‘em!

All the real crime and issues going on in New York and this is what they choose to enforce? Looks like another state government money grab.

What is “excessive”, it’s all a matter of opinion. **** ‘em!
Emergency sirens etc is excessive imo.....but what else can you do? Sick of hearing them. Same thing with jet noise. There are a lot of 'drivers' that seem to have figured out a way to make their vehicles louder than what a straight pipe system produces lol.

I look at this as a additional fine to add if you get pulled over and they want to bend you over further.

I put a pair of Thrush mufflers on my parents new California '71 Road Runner. When I ran at Fremont Raceway, a spectator told me our car could be heard alongside someone running open headers. I drove the car to high school for two years (50 mile round trip) and was never ticketed. Soon after we sold the Road Runner to a friend, he was ticketed for noise and had to put the factory mufflers back on. Just have to be careful where you run full throttle.

I put a pair of Thrush mufflers on my parents new California '71 Road Runner. When I ran at Fremont Raceway, a spectator told me our car could be heard alongside someone running open headers. I drove the car to high school for two years (50 mile round trip) and was never ticketed. Soon after we sold the Road Runner to a friend, he was ticketed for noise and had to put the factory mufflers back on. Just have to be careful where you run full throttle.
Back in about 75 I had a 67 Dart 6 banger 3 on the tree that had a straight along with some other mods. It was my first car with one and well, it was different lol. One day I stopped in a gas station and when I got back in the Dart, the traffic light on the corner was green and well, tried to make it. There just happened to be a cop in an unmarked car sitting at the station too but what did he give me a ticket for...?? Excessive noise by spinning tires!! Never said a thing about the noise from the exhaust.

All the real crime and issues going on in New York and this is what they choose to enforce? Looks like another state government money grab.
I agree! In Missouri we have safety and emissions testing. My hot rods never past emissions. To get it to past you handed them 42 bucks for them to check the engine out, you got a waiver and that was that. That made the air we breath cleaner!!

No emissions testing for classics in NY and inspection is $5.00 for classics. They pull it in, put it on a lift and just stand there looking at it, don’t blow the horn, pull a wheel to check brakes no nothing. I would imagine that if your exhaust was shot they would tell you but you never know. I guess for $5.00 you don’t get much…..

No emissions testing for classics in NY and inspection is $5.00 for classics. They pull it in, put it on a lift and just stand there looking at it, don’t blow the horn, pull a wheel to check brakes no nothing. I would imagine that if your exhaust was shot they would tell you but you never know. I guess for $5.00 you don’t get much…..
I had a few mid 80's cars, those they ran emissions on. If you lived outside of the city they didn't do emissions. After that I started registering them at my lake house, they didn't care.

The disgraced former governor rides a harley. Wonder if he has stock muffs????
Clarification....the most recent disgraced former governor. N.Y. Has 4 in a row.

Auto Transport Service
Back