• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 1969 Charger Registry Question

Armycopter

Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
Curious to know if there would be any interest in starting a new one. Long story short, I am taking a computer science class and I need to come up with a final project. I have two ideas and one of them is the registry. I think the final is due around mid May so I would probably need to get started on it soon.

As I thought about the registry, I got to thinking about privacy and what information people would be comfortable submitting (if any) and what information people would want to see back.

Here are a couple of questions.
1. Is this even something that interests the community?
2. Would you be comfortable submitting fender tab and vin?
3. Would you want to see a graphical page showing where cars are located (city only, no actual addresses)?
4. Was thinking about have a statistical page based on fender tag info showing graphically number of cars with whichever options.
5. Would we want to collect email addresses associated with cars or is that not a good idea? I guess I was thinking that people could contact those who own cars they used to own but at the same time, I wouldn’t want to be pestered by people trying to buy my car so…
6. Any other ideas? I would definitely want to share the information at least those who submit a car. Others?

Anyway, thanks, not guaranteed this is the project I will do but it’s a thought depending on interest.

I think it’s a great idea. I’d be fine with sharing pretty much all details of the car other than the exact address where it’s located. But I think city and province/state wouldn’t be a problem.

I think it's a great idea as well..... problem being most/all of the old registry data was absconded with by a fella named "Ghoste" over at DC.com who took over the old '69 registry.
Lemme know if you decide to give it a go..... I'll contribute some $

My big concern would be privacy. I am not sure what people would want available publicly. I’d hate to build something up and have sensitive data (which probably varies by person) publicly available.

I as thinking of something like the 68 registry. But a little more formal than google docs.

https://sites.google.com/site/1968chargerregistry/

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back