• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 360 swap question

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been scrolling through the various threads. A question I have is about the flex plate. I already have a 360 torque converter. Are the flex plates the same on all the LA small blocks? If not, what's a good aftermarket one? This is for a 79 360. I may have a flex plate form a 1989 360 if that will work.

Question #2 is about the harmonic balancer. I should probably get a new one while we are putting the motor back together. It's a fairly stock motor, headers and 4 barrel. That's about it. Should I just go with a stock replacement or is there a better aftermarket one?

As for my last post about a good aftermarket shifter, I decided on the Winters Sidewinder. It looks to be what I was looking for. I just ordered it today. Thanks for that advice.

As far as question 2 goes.....I used a blueprint motors (sponsor) balancer on my magnum build. Includes weights for all SBM. Worked great for me.

Auto Transport Service
Back