• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another 66 Coronet vinyl roof question

gdrill

Just enjoying "B"-ing here
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Stuck in the past, just North of Montana....
I'm thinking ahead here. When you install a vinyl roof on a Coronet, how is it held / attached along the drip rails? I'm sanding away on the car and was noticing the sealant used without the vinyl. So do you remove the sealant and the vinyl becomes the seal along the edge? Then I presume it is glued along there, but does the chrome trim go over vinyl or does it stop in the rail? I don't think the chrome trim would have enough clearance to go over it. Any and all info (even pics!) is appreciated.
Thanx F.B.B.O.

My '66 500 has a vinyl roof - all original. The chrome drip rail trim goes over the edge of the vinyl and helps to hold it in place. Removed the trim last year to re-glue the vinyl edge. Hope this helps - I can take a picture if you'd like.

Ok, so here's a picture. Remove the one trim screw above the vent window, then carefully pull the drip rail chrome off.

IMG_4684.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back