• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another `71 Super Bee 383 3 spd project

detmatt1

Local time
4:59 PM
Reaction score
Just took delivery of this one yesterday along with a `71 parts car. This is a #'s matching car with a good running 383 but the 3 spd trans is long gone and came with a 4spd trans. 2 build sheets and hopefully the still missing fender tag will turn up soon. Has a second fender tag but it just has some inspector stamps on it. The engine was in a `70 Satellite, But IS the original engine from the Bee, up until late last week and I have some good videos of it running along with a couple shots of the oil pressure gauge holding between 65 and 85 lbs. Originally dark gold metallic with black hood treatment and stripes and light gold bench seat interior. Car is pretty complete and will make a nice project. This is one of those cars that is pretty rare with only 203 3 spd cars made but not really a desireable option. The good news is that the 4 spd fits right in and uses the same pedals or this would make for a great 5 spd conversion car. Still need to spread out all the parts that came with it and bust out the power washer. The parts car is just a rolling chassis but it's got some good solid metal on it and is actually alleged to be an R/T but I'm sure there's no way to prove it so it will get cut up and parted. Here are a couple of pics, I'll post more as I clean it up.

Attachments

• IMG_8394.JPG
    IMG_8394.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_8396.JPG
    IMG_8396.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_8397.JPG
    IMG_8397.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_8403.JPG
    IMG_8403.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_8406.JPG
    IMG_8406.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_8407.JPG
    IMG_8407.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_8408.JPG
    IMG_8408.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Nice Matt! Looks/sounds like a cool project. You definitely have your hands full with your growing collection. Now to find the time eh?

Real nice Matt, I guess you are getting a collection.. sounds like a great project..

that black one is a good project for sure and the other car looks like it doea have some good metal on it still.

When does the museum open? I know where you can find an Architect to design it for you and he works for car parts :icon_biggrin: Congrats on your expanding collection!

Auto Transport Service
Back