another backspace question

Brakes, Steering & Suspension

1. greenmachine

greenmachine Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:57 PM
    sorry guys, still learning about backspacing and found rim I really like. Its from rocket racing wheels. Called the injector. The size is 15x10 with 3.75 inch BS. From what I have found, most of you have been saying atleast a 4.5 to 5.5 bs. These wheels will be for the rear of my 1969 coronet. thanks for the input.

2. moparmarks

moparmarks FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:57 PM
    Backspace is the distance between the back of the rim and the hub where it mounts to the axle. The more backspace the more the rim be tucked under the well. The less backspace the more the rim will stick out from the well. A 10" wheel with only 3.75" B/S might hit the outside of the well.
    Jack your car up under the axle and remove the wheels. Place a ruler across the axle flange and then measure back to the leaf springs. Do this on both sides. So say it measures to be 6". A 5" B/S is the deepest that I'd go depending on the tire. A 10" wheel with 5-5.5" B/S should fit your 69 tub.

3. greenmachine

greenmachine Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:57 PM
    Thank you. i will do that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.