• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another great use for a large TV box!!!!

idrivemopar

Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
I thought I had posted this before, but I don't believe I did. Anyway, and for those that live in cold regions, if you have a large TV box around, and a few bucks, you can build an inexpensive mini paint booth!!!! LOL

Mine is 41deepx34widex24high.

I used this through the winter months, and it works well. It has two bathroom fan boxes on top connected to some dryer vent hose with a hook on the end that lets me hang it on the window well out side my basement. I also put a furnace filter over the intakes on the vent boxes, to catch the overspray, and minimize what is vented out. Also the rear of the box is cut out with clear plastic over it to allow more light in, additionally, I added a fluorescent light inside in front of the vents. Its all plugs into a power strip so I can shut it off easily. I used the plastic wrap the originally covered the tv as a the curtain on the front, so when I was done spraying I could pull it up and the suction from the fans held it in place and kept the paint fumes to a minimum if at all in the basement.

Anyway here is a picture of it. It certainly got a ton of use during my rebuild!!!!!
DSC03494small.jpg

Nice!!!! I like to 're use stuff and all my shipping boxes are used for some thing... painting or I lay on them under the car.... with some tinfoil you have a nice little grow... the card board keeps away the mold...

Auto Transport Service
Back