• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Intake Manifold Question

wagonman

Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
What Intake will work on my 68 R/R 440? I know height is an issue. Torker, Performer, Weiand, Ect? I have read the 6 manifold shootout and would like to try the Torker or torker2. Thanks.

IMO, Either Torker should work provided your air cleaner AND the stud isn't too tall. Don't just slam the hood though. Remove the air cleaner stud from the carb, lay the air cleaner assembly on the carb, make several teepees about 2" tall from play dough, soft clay, (something that crushes easily), place teepees on air cleaner lid several places. Slowly lower the hood to crush the teepees to determine cleaner to hood clearance.
FWIW, Even the Weiand Six Pack should work in a B-body provided the standard parts are used.
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/weiand-c.htm

You can always use a drop-base air-cleaner assembly. I did that once, and had it done in black-wrinkle powdercoat. More room and air-flow.

I had a Torker2 on my '66 Charger with a 440. Used a flat base air cleaner base with a real short filter. Switched to a Performer RPM this spring, which is about .5" taller than a Torker2. Used a Summit brand drop base air cleaner assembly. It came with a 4" filter which didn't fit. Found a 3" tall WIX filter instead. Don't remember the number but I have it written down at home.
You will run into kick down clearance issues with the drop base. I modified mine to fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back