• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Introduction

Swamp Ape

Local time
8:56 AM
Reaction score
Hello, and thanks for having me. I have been a lurker here just to look up info and admire the work that you guys do. I found a 72 Charger that I decided to buy as a project, so now I have a reason to participate.

I live in SE Georgia, but am originally from MN. When I was born, my dad had a 71 charger that was awesome (I've only seen pics). Once they had me, they decided it wasn't a family car and my dad sold it (I think they bought an International Scout at that point). I have always wanted a 71/72 Charger to kind of recreate my dad's old car. I found this one and decided it could be the one. It is a 72 SE, that has had Rallye doors and a "power Bulge" hood on it. Under the hood it has a 318 with a 904 transmission. The previous owner took it down to bare metal and then put epoxy primer over that. It is apparent that there was not a lot of body work done, it was just primered over the flaws. My plan will be to go panel by panel and fix the flaws. It runs and drives, but needs work all over. I'm sure I will have questions as I go through it.
I have always had cars and motorcycles, but I am not really a mechanic. I have had rat rods from the mid 40's, built old Honda and Harley choppers and have had a couple muscle cars along the way. I recent picked up a used BMW Z4 Roadster to fix up and flip. I was able to fix it up and make money on it, but it was a bear, and convinced me to stick with working on American cars with parts that are readily accessible.

I am uploading the only decent pic I have. The transmission was leaking a bunch, so I brought it home and immediately started replacing seals :)

That's all I got, thanks in advance for all the help :)
Erik

228684559_10159548214883838_4050308583756659664_n.jpeg

Welcome from Missouri!! Nice car!

Welcome to the clan Erik. The car looks great, and I love the wheels. I have the Hurricanes on my Coronet too.
Don't worry about not "being a mechanic"; I'm not either, but I managed to learn enough through videos, some friends in my area, and the fine folks on this site to be able to rebuild the brake system, steering, suspension, interior, and trim all by me one-sies. I even did a disc brake upgrade. (Engine and rear end required professional work.) I even did some of the body work myself. If a knuckle-head like me can do it, you can.

Welcome from Michigan!:drinks: Very cool car you have:thumbsup:

welcome to FBBO nice looking charger project

Thank you all.

Hanks, what part of MI are you in? I was born there and have family all over. Mostly the UP.

We live about 20 miles north of Detroit. Went to college at Michigan Tech in the U.P. Beautiful country up there.

We live about 20 miles north of Detroit. Went to college at Michigan Tech in the U.P. Beautiful country up there.
Very cool. I have friends South of you in Monroe, and I was born in Marquette. My mom went to Tech and we grew up watching the Huskies play hockey. Then we moved to MN and became UM-Duluth Bulldog fans. Minnesota has better hockey anyway :)

Greetings from Upstate New York. Good luck with the build. A lot of knowledge here and everyone is willing to help.

welcome to the site and glad your here. :thumbsup:

Welcome,
Looks good without the SE window plugs.
I thought about doing that to mine--and omitting the trim.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back