• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another mystery part

69 Charger

Local time
4:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi, All ---
I bought a Luk clutch kit from Rock Auto for my '69 Charger with 383 HP and 11" disc. It contains two bushings, one a sintered bronze and the other steel. Both are the same diameter, but the steel one is longer. Anyone know why two of these in the kit? Trying to find out from Rock Auto is a waste of time.

Thanks,
Max Byers
Havleock,NC

This is a clutch kit from Rock Autos site. The one up top is a pilot bushing. I assume the one above the alignment tools is as well.
LK_6283161770_Fro__ra_p.jpg

Check your snout, and your crank register.... maybe theres a clue there.... entirely possible the two pilot bushings allow the clutch kit to work on additional applications.

My experience with Rock Auto is that they actually know NOTHING. I have learned to go online and find the part manufacturer's online application catalogs. Sometimes info can be found there that RA does not have or put into their listings. Or possibly contact the manufacturer. That was the only way I was able to get the right "one year only" fuel pump for my W250. The manufacturer's catalog was even wrong. I talked to their engineer to figure it out.

This is a clutch kit from Rock Autos site. The one up top is a pilot bushing. I assume the one above the alignment tools is as well.
.View attachment 1330628
Both those bushing things look like bronze. The one in my kit was steel, and longer than the bronze one. I'm thinking the kit might fit more than just my car. I took both pieces to the engine rebuilder and he can use whichever one is the same as the one he takes out of the crank.

I love guessing games......maybe the steel one is used to install the bronze one?

Auto Transport Service
Back