• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another one down

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:36 AM
Reaction score
https://www.bild.de/regional/duesse...hrottet-teuren-us-oldtimer-76599238.bild.html

18 year old drunk driver borrowed this from a family member and crashed it...

On top of that, the expert the local newspaper consulted confused the car with a 68 pontiac firebird. :D

zyk6j.jpg

adk2i.jpg

For posterity:
2.jpeg
2~2.jpg

Looks like the hood pins worked:D

So much for being an expert…..

72 se. The b-pillar held up.
A-pillar, not so good.
Hope the kid is okay.

Hope the kid is okay.

He invited 3 friends to the ride. Everbody was able to leave the car with just minor blemishes.
Thanks to massive steel. The car was spinning around for about 150 meters according to the newspaper article. :)

When I was growing up there was a guy that graduated with my older brother had an RS/SS Camaro. His brother was on leave from Marines borrowed it and totaled it.
The car was awesome.

My best friend loaned her expedition to her niece, who totaled it in a supposed "road rage" incident. Fourth accident by this person in a borrowed car.
Nobody (almost) borrows any of my cars.

Well that sucks for the old Charger....:(

But not sure how I feel about the young kids driving drunk, wrecking the car and then walking away with only minor injuries....

Some more interesting stuff from the article...it's a 1968 model :)

Bitter: It seems to be a rare classic. Car pope Michael Fröhlich (71, "Fantastic vehicles") told BILD: "This is a Pontiac Firebird Coupé, probably built in 1968. That was the competitor model to the Ford Mustang, but much more noble." He estimates that the car is worth around EUR 50 000.

Some more interesting stuff from the article...it's a 1968 model :)

Bitter: It seems to be a rare classic. Car pope Michael Fröhlich (71, "Fantastic vehicles") told BILD: "This is a Pontiac Firebird Coupé, probably built in 1968. That was the competitor model to the Ford Mustang, but much more noble." He estimates that the car is worth around EUR 50 000.

I noted this in the first post.
Yet this guy apparently managed to sell classic cars for decades without going broke... (And still does)

good to hear they were all OK

thought it was a 68 Firebird :fool: , that is funny
not even 'freaken' close' :screwy:

sad to see that happen

Last edited:
I wonder why they sling ed and picked up the car that way?

That could be fixed. A lot of work but could be fixed. I've seen worse than that brought back to life.

72 se. The b-pillar held up.
A-pillar, not so good.
Hope the kid is okay.

Yeah, if I were the owner I'd hope the kid is okay too so I could beat the living **** out of him!:mad:
I've never, and I mean never understood the desire to get drunk let alone drive UI. And then the morons brag about how they puked their guts out all night. After going to a few parties in HS where everyone was drinking and being stupid, I stayed away from those activities. This story is a perfect example of how nothing good comes from this activity. Sin never satisfies and it will always kill you.

Auto Transport Service
Back