• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Seatbelt Thread

JR_Charger

Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
I looked through the old threads and most of the links are dead.

I want to replace the old belts in my 72 Charger because of their age. Starting with the rear bench belts. I see that Year One has a basic lap belt option - Link

SeatBeltsPlus has a three point conversion, which may or may not fit without modification - Link

I think that is for the rear bench but I'm not sure. One of the comments sound like they tried to install it on the front bench. I believe there should be a slot in the package tray which the belt feeds through, with the reel going on the bottom of the package tray. I'm not sure how that would install, unless the male part of the buckle is thin enough to feed through the package tray slot. If the pic is of the actual product, it doesn't appear like the buckle would fit through that slot. Then that guide has to attach somewhere around the top of the seat back - I'd feel better about this if there wasn't a comment about the instructions being inadequate.

Actually maybe that one is for the front bench - the pic looks the same as Year One's front bench belt set, except Year One doesn't show the center lap belt - Link

So maybe this is SeatBeltsPlus's rear bench 3 point conversion - Link

Well I have to admit I'm confused. It'd be great to talk to someone who had installed one of these products.

I know 69 Chargers didn’t come with shoulder belts in the back, but here’s a picture of a Charger, not sure of the year.
Don’t know if you’re interested in rear shoulder belts.

F834FD55-CD6E-4A34-AFF6-DC7CE6BB1A54.jpeg
48F4DC1C-3D2D-4F6B-B92C-80BC9DF4E2C1.jpeg

I looked through the old threads and most of the links are dead.

I want to replace the old belts in my 72 Charger because of their age. Starting with the rear bench belts. I see that Year One has a basic lap belt option - Link

SeatBeltsPlus has a three point conversion, which may or may not fit without modification - Link

I think that is for the rear bench but I'm not sure. One of the comments sound like they tried to install it on the front bench. I believe there should be a slot in the package tray which the belt feeds through, with the reel going on the bottom of the package tray. I'm not sure how that would install, unless the male part of the buckle is thin enough to feed through the package tray slot. If the pic is of the actual product, it doesn't appear like the buckle would fit through that slot. Then that guide has to attach somewhere around the top of the seat back - I'd feel better about this if there wasn't a comment about the instructions being inadequate.

Actually maybe that one is for the front bench - the pic looks the same as Year One's front bench belt set, except Year One doesn't show the center lap belt - Link

So maybe this is SeatBeltsPlus's rear bench 3 point conversion - Link

Well I have to admit I'm confused. It'd be great to talk to someone who had installed one of these products.

Based on the pictures, they show a sash, which makes me think this is more of a retrofit kit for a front bench, not a rear one. The retractor would ideally be mounted under the package tray. Rear seats don't have the sash. The sash is for when your top anchor point is on the ceiling and you need it lower to not to cut your neck with the belt. As soon as I get the title work settled on mine, I'll be putting in a set of Wesco belts in the back. https://www.wescoperformance.com/noname.html.

I'll have to fab up some mounts for the retractors and slot my package tray. My 72 satellite doesn't have the slot in the package tray like some, so there's that to figure out as well.

Here’s some good information I got when I posted looking for belts for 69 charger.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...-restored-seat-belts-for-a-69-charger.245469/

I went through all the sources mentioned. Only SeatBeltPlus carries belts for 72, and I can't tell from their listing whether they have a conversion set for the rear or two different versions for the front bench. Neither version shows the belt guide that sits on top of the package shelf.

At this rate I'm going to go with lap belts only. Shoulder belts are a nice-to-have, but they're not a must-have. If they were available though I'd rather put them in now than tear my interior out yet another time.

Auto Transport Service
Back