• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another unreal discovery

cbodybob

Local time
5:10 AM
Reaction score
I found a 69 Ford Talledega Torino today. Yes the real thing. Not a clone. It’s sitting in a field behind the guys house. No photo at this time. He’s not selling it. It’s rough & the original engine long gone. He’s become my new best friend. Hopefully will be doing a deal on a B body. This is what I do fellas. I find cars, chase leads & turn over rocks. It took me over a year to seal the deal on the big block A body Barracuda. I’m on it. This is the kind of stuff that motivates me. I have a pocket full of credible leads on some other cool muscle cars too.

I found a 69 Ford Talledega Torino today. Yes the real thing. Not a clone. It’s sitting in a field behind the guys house. No photo at this time. He’s not selling it. It’s rough & the original engine long gone. He’s become my new best friend. Hopefully will be doing a deal on a B body. This is what I do fellas. I find cars, chase leads & turn over rocks. It took me over a year to seal the deal on the big block A body Barracuda. I’m on it. This is the kind of stuff that motivates me. I have a pocket full of credible leads on some other cool muscle cars too.
Good work, Bob-O ! Is that going to be another "I ain't sellin', so it'll rot into the ground" stories ?

You're in the right part of the country where those things were more available. Nice find.

Bob's hot on the trail again!

disney-dog.gif

My dad’s nephew from his second wife had a Talledega. He lost his license several times then was barred from driving. He disassembled the car so he wouldn’t be tempted to drive. It was in pieces in his dad’s barn for years. The engine and seats were in his basement. I could not believe how many people knew about the car and how far the word spread in the pre internet days. I know he sold the cars in the mid 90’s. I am not sure who got the car, but I got a bunch of his 2 stroke go cart engines.

Auto Transport Service
Back