• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another way off topic ....

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
thing I'm involved in... What's a good and preferably free .MPG to .MP4 or .MOV file converter. I found a few that claimed to be free (turns out the download is free) not actual usage. :BangHead:

Appreciate the link! I will check it out, THANKS :thumbsup:

I use it all the time.. Just be aware when installing make sure it doesnt contain other software that can be installed as an option.. I cant remember for sure. You know crap ware like weather bug. I will re-install real quick to make sure it doesnt contain that crap. Will let you know.

Nope.. They have now put Mcafee in as bloatware. I unchecked this but not sure it wont install it anyhow. There was a clean version that did not contain bloatware.

If you do not want that crap on your computer you can also try HandBrake https://downloads.tomsguide.com/HandBrake,0301-3925.html

Here is a note from Tomsguides on format factory.
Format Factory

Format Factory strikes a nice balance between usability and customization. The main pane allows you to drag and drop files for conversion, and there's numerous supported formats, a wealth of device and quality presets to keep things simple, and the ability to further modify settings within these presets to your liking. Besides audio and video conversions, Format Factory also includes DVD ripping, as well as audio and video joining features for extra value.

Note: Pay attention, as Format Factory tries to bundle software during installation, as well as the first time you start up the program.

Last edited:
Thanks , good to know. Seems there's always hidden treasures on this type of thing. I will try it tonight, and keep you posted

Auto Transport Service
Back