• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antenna, 66 Coronet Does it come apart?

SassyPants

Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
Hi Folks, You all are GREAT. Thank you for your help so far I do appreciate it. Next question:

I would like to put in the dash but do not yet have the fenders on. We ran into a problem in the engine compartment and have to replace the rockers, longish story.

When I think about putting in the dash, I am trying to figure out how get the antenna wire hooked to the radio. It seems to me it would be a lot easier if the antenna wire was right there to hook it up while installing the dash. Since I do not yet have the front fender on, anyone got an idea of how I get the antenna wire to the radio and then be able to put the antenna onto the fender??

I looked at the original antenna and can not see that the antenna comes apart, but perhaps I am not holding my mouth just right?

Or possibly can I run the wire and bring the antenna up through the fender when it is installed? I just have not done this before and don't know.
Best, B.

I have replaced fenders before with the antenna just hanging on by the wire through the inner cowl panel. Just run the wire through the inner panel to the radio location. Let the antenna hang on the outside. (carefully) When installing the fender, simply stick the antenna up through the hole and install the trim and nut to lock it in place when the fender is on.

Auto Transport Service
Back