• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE RADIO

NoCar2023

Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
s.gif

1971-74 Mopar “B” Body AM/FM STEREO RADIO 71,72,73,74
NOW WITH BLUETOOTH

Bought one of these back in October on ebay.

Complaints so far.

1-three months to ship.
2-volume control doesn't work properly (1/2 turn with no response then way too loud and distorted)
3-have to sent unit back to builder for repair (as per sellers request)
4-three weeks to return from builder.
5-now volume AND tuner controls don't working properly.

I sent seller a message and will call builder tomorrow....wish me luck.

i was going to convert mine but decided to leave it as is it still works but what i purchased was a rechargeable bluetooth speaker which connects to my i-phone or plug a usb in the back of it and through that i can play as may songs as i want .fantastic sound take it with me if i have to if i want music besides in the car but best of all no mods needed to the car problem solved

I know your pain if you had it done by wards it will never work right

My factory original radio in my pickup was doing the same thing...now the volume control doesn't work at all but at least it comes on still. I don't listen to the radio much anymore anyways. Who was the Ebay vendor?

I get one descent station on my am radio, if the weather is right and the antenna is fully extended. Do they even make fm converters anymore.

I know the Antique Automobile Radios for Mopars can take a long time to ship. You might want to check out vintagecarradio.com. They stock a bunch of their radios.

s.gif

1971-74 Mopar “B” Body AM/FM STEREO RADIO 71,72,73,74
NOW WITH BLUETOOTH

Bought one of these back in October on ebay.

Complaints so far.

1-three months to ship.
2-volume control doesn't work properly (1/2 turn with no response then way too loud and distorted)
3-have to sent unit back to builder for repair (as per sellers request)
4-three weeks to return from builder.
5-now volume AND tuner controls don't working properly.

I sent seller a message and will call builder tomorrow....wish me luck.

UPDATE- AAR sent a new unit that works perfectly, excellent customer service! Thanks.

i was going to convert mine but decided to leave it as is it still works but what i purchased was a rechargeable bluetooth speaker which connects to my i-phone or plug a usb in the back of it and through that i can play as may songs as i want .fantastic sound take it with me if i have to if i want music besides in the car but best of all no mods needed to the car problem solved
I actually am going the same route .THought about upgrading the original am then one day
I was in the garage listening to my sons Bluetooth speaker went for a ride and thought a hundred bucks and I can take anywhere and don't have to mess up the original .

So I am a factory radio converter using Aurora Design components. I stand 100% behind my work. 3 year warranty. Everything you see "new" is made overseas to the lowest bidder.

Please consider converting a factory radio before wasting your money.

I am a car guy just like y'all. I had a second radio or the hidden audio for years. I saw the Aurora Products and with my Avioncs background in the Navy I became a dealer.

You won't be disappointed

RicksRadioConversions.com

So I am a factory radio converter using Aurora Design components. I stand 100% behind my work. 3 year warranty. Everything you see "new" is made overseas to the lowest bidder.

Please consider converting a factory radio before wasting your money.

I am a car guy just like y'all. I had a second radio or the hidden audio for years. I saw the Aurora Products and with my Avioncs background in the Navy I became a dealer.

You won't be disappointed

RicksRadioConversions.com
Looks pretty cool Rick.
When the time comes for me to make a decision I will look into this. Do you sell speakers?

I don't sell speakers at the moment, but I recommend the Custom Auto Sound Dual Voice Coil Speakers... work great for a single speaker with two channels.

I bought an antique auto radio about 4 years ago (the 70 am/fm repo type) also the custom auto sound 4x10 dual voice coil speaker for the front and a pair of Fosgate 6x9's for the back.
Since day one, if you turn the volume up to 3/4 or more the radio cuts out completely, and you have to turn it off and back on to get it to work again.
Also when tuning to a station with the buttons it's hit or miss to get a station, hit another button and back to the same one again and it usually works then.
I sent it back for repair and it came back to me exactly the same so I just put up with it, for now.

Auto Transport Service
Back