• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any 73 RR/Sat owners still have their headlight reminder buzzer installed?

idrivemopar

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone with a 73 Roadrunner or satellite still has their headlight reminder buzzer installed.

Its plugged into the harness above the radio. Just wondering if I am missing something maybe an extension that went from the harness to the buzzer as the plug on the harness is a 45 degree plug where the buzzer is 90 degrees.

If you do, and have a picture or part number that would be great. I found one that is supposed to be the correct one, but the spades on it are 90 degree not 45 degree.

Thanks!

Interesting.

I thought the only thing on my 73 that didn't work was the seat belt buzzer (thank God).
The key buzzer works about 50% of the time, though.

I didn't even know they had a light buzzer.
I'd actually be interested in hooking that up, as I've killed the battery due to leaving the parking lights on once or twice.

I have an unmolested 73 Coronet dash on the back porch. I'll look to see what's up there above the radio.

If you can not find the answer I have a 73 that I have owned from one year old and should be able to dig the car out of the mess in Aug
I was to start on this as soon as I got back from Utah end of April oh well

I do not remember head light warning but then I have not driven it for 17 to 18 years

from 71 Charger/Coronet diagram but the same up to 73 on this specific accesory

lamps on warning buzzer1.jpg

Nacho!!!!!!!!!! You are the man! I was wondering if there was an extension harness that went from the funny connector to the buzzer as my service manual said to see the accessory section, but there was no diagram as you show above.

Also, I believe this was an option and not all cars had them.

Thanks for the very useful information!

Now I need to find that little harness too!

Just in case anyone is interested, some more research on the whole headlamp on buzzer. Now, this was part of the accessory light group option, maybe A01, but not sure, that it would seem most 73's didn't come with and was also available on 74's as well, and various models. I believe it included, key light, map light, glove box light, and of course the headlamp on buzzer. I'm not sure if part of this option were the fender turn signal indicators, but I digress.

Anyway, I managed to find the headlamp on harness on an old 74 Charger still in a salvage yard here, as shown in the diagram from Nacho above. Installed it and my NOS buzzer, and it works great!

Some pictures of the harness and the part number, which is most likely a 74 number not a 73 number, just in case anyone was interested or curious!
20140708_150503small.jpg
20140708_150754small.jpg

You all probably think I am crazy for restoring this car right down to the key in, seatbelt, and headlamp buzzers!!!!!

No I think it is great now you need to enjoy the car and the hardest thing is going to be the first scratch so get it over with and have fun
I had a new truck and within 2 days the wife hit it with a shovel doing yard work and it was now I do not have to worry
But try to keep it shiny straight

Well, looky what I seem to have.

Thanks again for turning me on to this.

This JY dash has paid for it's self twice already and I still have the radio, harness, frame and more to sell or use.

Attachments

• IMG_20140708_193510.jpg
    IMG_20140708_193510.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 144
it can't be a 74 PN because 74s didn't got this harness nor buzzer ( not a B body at least ). The 74 Buzzer system was totally redesigned by 74, and uses just one buzzer for all the functions when full equipped ( key, lights and seatbelts )

great you got a harness!, However it could be home made ( I did it when my car was wired like a 71, like Venezuelan 74 Chargers did ). The only hard part to find could be the funky angled plug, but when I did it, got a damaged seat sensor switch found around and used the plug, which is the same.

AND NOT you are not a crazy man beacuse you want to get everything in working order... thats what a restoration job means!!!!

and IS GREAT all the faces of ppl when check everything on our car works... that definitelly PAYS OFF the job done by ourself on our cars... specially when they have modern cars with half of functions broken LOL

Last edited:
Interesting, then it must be a 73 charger then, I'm not as familiar with Chargers, but junk yard said it was a 74, but if they didn't use that setup in them, it must have been an earlier model. Its not a home made harness for certain as the car it came from has the entire accessory light package. Either way, as you said, I'm just glad I got everything working. Its pretty funny when all three buzzers are going at the same time! Now I can drive people crazy with them! LOL

Lol

well, when I meant home made, is not talking about the one you got, but that you could made it at home ;) piece of cake ;)

Funny that you say that because I did make one, then I found the factory one. So I guess I have a spare now.

Auto Transport Service
Back