• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any AC kits for a 73...

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
Guys, in watching Dylan McCools latest vid where he installs a Vintage Air kit in his Challenger, I got interested in putting in air in my 73 Charger, non ac car. Well, in looking at Vintage Air, Classic Air and Original Air, I find no full kits for a 73. Does anybody else make one......thanks...

Guys, in watching Dylan McCools latest vid where he installs a Vintage Air kit in his Challenger, I got interested in putting in air in my 73 Charger, non ac car. Well, in looking at Vintage Air, Classic Air and Original Air, I find no full kits for a 73. Does anybody else make one......thanks...
I can make you a good deal on a Vintage Air evaporator assembly if you decide to build a custom package ( VA can set you up with that option). I had to purchase a smaller model to fit my space. First photo is unit for sale, second is smaller model.
Mike
IMG_2221.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG

I'm not super keen on the 73 Charger... but isn't the stock A/C evaporator system the same as all 1971-1974 B-bodies... which are the same as the 1970-1974 E-body? I would assume the Challenger kit would fit your 73 Charger... the difference may be the engine bay lines and possibly the controls... not sure they are the same between the B and E bodies. So that is probably why they don't list a "direct fit" unit - you can probably call them can order a portion of the kit - the "Evaporator kit" they list for example and possibly just ask if they will swap the E-body controls for a universal one. Then just have the engine bay lines made up....

Well, thats what I saw that looked good, the controls to/for the evaporator are all electric, no cables. My cables and manual control dash unit are pretty much shot. I need to call VA and just see what a "custom pieced together parts kit" ACTUALLY consists of. If 493 Mikes unit will bolt in and I can get the compressor bolted on the 440 with not too excessive effort, the condenser and custom lines should be not much problem. thanks all....

Auto Transport Service
Back