• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any garage equiptment guru’s??

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
AC8A68EE-2921-4C80-A28B-EC6F1793D949.jpeg
162D3877-FB30-4B87-858A-D58577BBB232.jpeg
I am in need of this switch. Some guys may call this an encoder. It’s on a no name (qwong short dong) tire machine. Found some online but they are not correct. 7911EA83-B7EF-4399-95C5-2B2F8D412032.jpeg 119C7A59-5EA9-457C-BF70-A10E43C377CC.jpeg 8A72F218-455B-45BD-96FC-D9BFC1AA1416.jpeg 5FC89836-667A-437D-B372-7A3703B3E4EB.jpeg 7916FAA3-EB6C-48E3-8CD6-0447FCFE3832.jpeg

Did you try opening the switch and repairing it? Might not be that difficult, and probably easier than finding a replacement.

Did you try opening the switch and repairing it? Might not be that difficult, and probably easier than finding a replacement.
Yes! There are 2 contacts burnt beyond salvage .

Last edited:
Just mover the jumpers from your original switch to the new switch. It looks like a 3PH switch jumpered for 1PH operation. The new switch is 660V @ 32A, while yours is 500V @ 25A. It will work just fine.

Maybe search for "drum switch", heard some old timers refer to them that way. Appears to be a 3PDT maybe?

The memories- also used in RV’s,etc. To switch from shore power to generator power.

Thanks for all the input ! Here's the $1000 question...... What do either of the switches in the links provided look like with the knob and plate removed??? It needs to match the pic on the 3rd row left side. (1st post)

Look at the pic below - it needs to mount to that steel plate and the shaft needs to fit that black arm on the bottom of the pic (thats connected to a peddle.)

IMG_5054 (1).JPG IMG_5055.JPG

Last edited:
Just heard back from Dave @ carliftparts........... :BangHead: :cursin: (**** emoji here)

Thanks for all the input ! Here's the $1000 question...... What do either of the switches in the links provided look like with the knob and plate removed??? It needs to match the pic on the 3rd row left side. (1st post)

Look at the pic below - it needs to mount to that steel plate and the shaft needs to fit that black arm on the bottom of the pic (thats connected to a peddle.)

View attachment 719666 View attachment 719672
Dimensions are in the link I provided above....if that helps - there are different size bodies for those switches. Square shaft for the knobs, and usually plenty of length on the shaft to accommodate a steel mounting plate.

upload_2019-2-14_7-8-14.png

They are identical. If you rotary part is different, just loosen the set screw and remove it.

Dimensions are in the link I provided above....if that helps - there are different size bodies for those switches. Square shaft for the knobs, and usually plenty of length on the shaft to accommodate a steel mounting plate.

View attachment 719720
My screw holes for mounting - 30/31 ? mm shaft size 5 ? mm This seems to be a common thing - everything I find is BIGGER. Just got off the phone w shopequipmentparts again way BIG

I might have one on my truck I will check in the morning. If I dont have one I might be able to get one.
I would need machine brand and model number.

Really?? Not trying to be a smart azz here....
A switch is a switch, just because the actuator is different doesn't mean anything. The switch gets installed onto the chassis, and then an actuator is attached to it.

I have put lots of those switches in different machines sometimes having to modify brackets

I can appreciate your offer Scott. But as my first post states > It’s on a no name (qwong short dong) tire machine.

Scott means all the numbers on the switch itself. The ones I remember, the shaft was 3-sided where the selector went on; they had an on-off-on selection.

Auto Transport Service
Back