• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any hobbyists make their own water slide decals ??

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone out there involved in a hobby that you print your own water slide decals ? Trains, cars, planes ??

I need to have some water slide decals printed using a LASER printer. I can supply the paper and the files. I've managed to scan and edit everything on to 2 sheets.

Before people start making suggestions, I've already tried all the local printers and copy centers but they don't want to take the risk with $50,000 leased machines that they run a business on (who can blame them). But if you a hobbyist whose done this in the past you know what you're doing.

Thanks,
Stan

W-A-T-E-R-S-L-I-D-E not vinyl !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Is anyone out there involved in a hobby that you print your own water slide decals ? Trains, cars, planes ??

I need to have some water slide decals printed using a LASER printer. I can supply the paper and the files. I've managed to scan and edit everything on to 2 sheets.

Before people start making suggestions, I've already tried all the local printers and copy centers but they don't want to take the risk with $50,000 leased machines that they run a business on (who can blame them). But if you a hobbyist whose done this in the past you know what you're doing.

Thanks,
Stan

You're the one who says that you want decals for a water slide and trains and cars and planes.

704.jpg

I didn't day I want them for a waterslide !!! Water slide decals are what is used on model cars, etc ... you soak them in WATER and they SLIDE off the paper ... water slide !!!!

Why didn't you say that in the first place? I stopped building model cars 45 years ago when I got into the real thing. I thought you owned a water slide park.

service_big3.jpg

Last edited:
i found a company on ebay. i wanted them to repo some vintage drag strip decals, he declined cause didn't want a lawsuit!

my dad was telling that many years ago that one of the car custom mags. had an article on how to make your own decals like that ,maybe dig around on the net a little
:eek:

"how" to make them isn't the issue ... finding someone with a colour laser printer is the problem. because its a special coated paper most printers don't want to risk it. Hence finding a hobbyist who has done it before and knows what they're doing.

I have made my own water-slide decals in the past for Hotwheels models...but I have never used a Laser printer. I bought an Epson Artisan 730 colour printer for my decals....also works well for photos etc.
I still have some water-slide sheets tucked away...so I might try it out one day. I have a Brother 3150 colour Laser printer also which I use for regular print jobs.

The standard ink jet lacks some definition and also needs to be coated after printing. The laser printing is more defined and doesn't require any coating - print, trim and apply.

Auto Transport Service
Back