• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any International Harvester fans

zigs

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Bought this the first of January.
International L-150 Ton and 1/2.
Been setting for 30 yes . Silver Diamond
220 CID nonsynchro 4 Speed.
IMG_20181221_095827990_HDR.jpg

I know a guy here in New Zealand who has a barn full of International Harvester vehicles. :thumbsup:

He also built his own cannon for S & G.... :lol:

That truck looks like it came out of the swamps

cool body style thou...

They have character... but finding replacement parts can be a challenge since they changed vendors multiple times per production run. The parts catalogue is take it off and match it, similar to British motor bikes.

Back in the 70's mom and dad had a IH Travel-all I loved that thing. I can remember as a kid how much room was in that thing. Very cool old vehicle. Wish I could find one at a good price. Id make it a cool work truck. Ours looked like this.
maxresdefault.jpg

A Scout or Scout II is on my list. Preferably with a 304 or a 345. Although the ones with AMC straight 6s also ran good.

I also wouldnt mind owning a later model pickup.
There is still quite a bit of NOS parts availible for the later stuff. Alot of people have things hoarded away that they got from dealerships when the discontinued trucks.

Vintage Truck is a good magazine and a good place to find parts.

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/red-power-roundup.132838/
This is the ultimate IH show. Very awesome. In a different state every year.

I have 4 Farmall Tractors an H, 300, 400 and an M-D that are all in good running condition. Would like to compliment them with a truck.

Ive been meaning to ask you how that projects been going.
He’s remodeling his house so he hasn’t even touched it, and every time I go over there to work on the coronet he recruits me to help him on the house lol. We’ll start back up on them one day

I'm a casual fan of IH Farmalls, but my dad and brother-in-law are full-time fans.
My dad has an H, and my brother-in-law has a Cub, 230 wide front, H, and 400.
Here are some internet-sourced photos of each.
farmalls.jpg

Hold on to the 400.
They were only made for 3 years and are getting rare

My dad was a IH sales man so we always had a new demo in the drive while I grew up! Im a fan and this is my 57 Golden Jubilee 50th anniversary offering, they similar to the Chevy Cameo , Its a luxury truck with HIs first fleet side box with its attractive rear car like styling, Those are 54 Buick tail lights and reflectors they bought from GM. They were all gold and white for their 50 anniversary. The radio is mounted on the roof. I always wanted one since I was a kid and now I do!! Schmidts auto salvage in Wi has a row of about 15 50-54s! That's my 49 Ford Custom Club Coupe, it is my first car! Bought in 70 for $250.00 Have owned for 49 years and counting

DSCN2136 (4).JPG DSCN2521.JPG DSCN1991.JPG DSCN1992 (2).JPG IMG_4621.jpg DSCN1168.JPG

Pictures at Iola 16! the radio has the wonder bar feature even! 220 Black Dimond Six three speed on the column, the V8 wasn't available till 59. Geared like a farm truck so 60 is pushing it!

DSCN1103 (3).JPG DSCN1105.JPG DSCN1107 (2).JPG DSCN1106 (2).JPG DSCN1125 (2).JPG

IMG_20190119_192744284.jpg
Glad to see all the Binder connection. I've been around HI all life but first one I've owned. I got this from the wet side of the state Mt.Vernon Wash. The swamp look is moss and green paint. It does have some rust issue but nothing that can't be fixed. I have a cousin that lives North of me , his family has had the HI dealership and shop for over 60 yrs. Parts are hard to find but if your not a purest you can swap in parts. This is my cousins 120. He has another one he's planning on putting a 4 cylinder Mahinda diesel and Toyota 5 speed in.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back