• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any members near Grenada, MS?

MaxWedge-Savoy

Local time
8:26 PM
Reaction score
*** Please disregard. "Seller" was a scammer. *** I just happened to do a Google search tonight and found the exact picture and ad wording from a 2014 post on 'For A Bodies Only'.

Are there any members local to Grenada, MS? I might have located a 337 M1 intake that I have been looking for, but it's 5 1/2 hours away from me. I'm looking for someone local to that area that could check it out/hopefully purchase on my behalf. I would be more than happy to compensate for the trouble. I can provide more details via private message if that is OK.

It's a situation where the seller is out of state, and the part is at their parent's house. I would like to confirm it's actually a 337 intake before committing to buy. I asked for the casting # to validate what it is, but they cannot seem to provide it due to being away from the part. There is also an issue with payment options. They don't do PayPal, and I don't do Venmo or Zelle due to the lack of payment protection. (Too many unknowns to blindly send money at this point.)

Please let me know if this kind of post is allowed. I'll delete if it is not, or let me know if I put the post in the wrong area of the forums.

Thank you.

Scott
St. Louis, MO

Last edited:
Maps says I'm 263 miles away.

Scott, that sounds awfully fishy to me. It has the earmarks of someone claiming to have a part but actually just trying to get you to send them money. The owner out of state bit plus part somewhere else and can't provide information OR accept paypal ... so common with scammers. How realistic is their asking price? If it's way low and they insist on money order or traveler's check you can bet it's a scam.

Scott, that sounds awfully fishy to me. It has the earmarks of someone claiming to have a part but actually just trying to get you to send them money. The owner out of state bit plus part somewhere else and can't provide information OR accept paypal ... so common with scammers. How realistic is their asking price? If it's way low and they insist on money order or traveler's check you can bet it's a scam.

Believe me, I had my suspicions all along, but was willing to follow any leads due to the scarcity of the intake. With that said, I have just confirmed it is a scam by doing a quick Google search. The person claiming to have the intake literally cut and paste the verbiage and stole the pic from a 2014 ad on the 'ForABodiesOnly' site. Makes me sick to think people are going out of their way to cheat people. Even more concerning is the person that also joined this site recently put me onto them. (Which I think is the same person 'selling' the intake judging by their writing style.)

Screenshot_20220108-223601_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20220108-223646_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20220108-223545_Samsung Internet.jpg

What a prick.
Please expose the Fabo insider profile, so we can block them if the mods don't.
Thanks,
Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back