• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Recommendations For Southern California Sheet Metal Work?

dedline

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm asking for any recommendations for a body shop or repair man who can work on my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner. I'm located in Hacienda Heights, California. That's about 20 miles outside of Downtown Los Angeles. Willing to travel 100 miles or maybe more. Let me know who you might have in mind. The car is basically a rolling shell right now. Can trailer it to locations. Needs a lot of work rust-wise as well as alignment of body panels. Inner fender wells and radiator support are tweaked. Floors were replaced before but not done correctly, so they are trash. Quarter panels were replaced, but the work not finished. Thanks

Last edited:
23686A5F-8F09-4782-A025-A60D1F8E2988.jpeg
F620DD48-D237-4978-881F-54A5D63C293D.jpeg
DCB37AEF-874F-4BA1-8695-6D1B7F4CE594.jpeg
78EBD795-0C83-47C6-920A-8EB4AE5D68C3.jpeg
274BD0FA-B743-492C-9C56-5704E50FB473.jpeg
B5B5C23A-BA1F-4A54-A6CB-F37EE336382C.jpeg

Try OC Cars in Lake Forest, Ca. Not sure if they do that substantial of a resto job. Sorry since I’m no longer in possession of the GTX I’ve deleted there number. You can google them tho.

If you can't do allot of that work yourself you'd better have a liquid cooled wallet.....

Maybe calblast.com to get it cleaned up and see what needs to be done. I'm considering blasting and epoxy coating to get started.

Last edited:
Maybe calblast.com to get it cleaned up and see what needs to me done. I'm considering blasting and epoxy coating to get started.

If you have obvious rot you should cut away the majority of it before blasting to give the blaster access to metal that you are hoping to save that he wouldn't otherwise have access to...

Also before choosing Soda Blasting you better read about paint adhesion problems due to soda blasting....

If you have obvious rot you should cut away the majority of it before blasting to give the blaster access to metal that you are hoping to save that he wouldn't otherwise have access to...

Also before choosing Soda Blasting you better read about paint adhesion problems due to soda blasting....

I use the "blast as I go" method..... even cutting away the obvious doesn't allow access to all of it....... dude's on the wrong coast

Thanks for the replies everyone. My son and I are considering trying to attempt the work outselves, but we definitely need to practice our welding.

Someone in the past did some seriously shoddy bodywork to her. Certain brackets and tabs are missing making it difficult to figure out what needs to to be done for sure.

Can anyone recommend someone to contact who might come over, look at the car in person, and help steer us in the right direction? My son and I just don’t know the construction of the car well enough to figure out what has been done wrong.

There are members in your general neighborhood - but if it’s that difficult to even figure out the lay of the land you’re probably in for a very, very expensive journey. Are you sure you want to proceed? I admire you and your wallets courage.....Of course there are certainly members on this site that have done worse. Good luck!

Just took my car last week not sure of the quality of work yet but they talked a good game so wil see. But the price was good soooo I'll let you know. I'm in Baldwin Park and took it to Santa Ana.

Look up Sean's Garage on Facebook. He has done a few cars for friends. Great work, timely, good prices. Local guy who earned his reputation through his work. He's a few miles from me in Lancaster.

Took my deck lid in today and they have most of the car sanded down to bear metal going to take the hood next week I'll take some pictures and post them for you so far so good

If they do a real good job I will definitely be recommending them and for what I'm having done with the rust repair in the floor replacement and all the body work for under 15 grand is it extremely good deal cuz I couldn't get anyone else to look at it for under 20

30k for a decent driver, and 70k for your sons education or student loan.
There is your 100k right there.

Auto Transport Service
Back