• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any sciatica sufferers on here?

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
Sciatica is kicking my ***. Been 9 days crawling around and laying on my back. I would not wish this on anyone. Feels like someone is tearing the muscle off my *** to my ankle. Today I got put on different meds. Hopefully they work as I am only sleeping a few hours a night. Just wondered if any others have had it..

Wish you the best, I haven't had it that bad, it was my hip flexor causing the issue, couldn't stand up straight for a few days. Wife told me I'd have to piss sitting down, I leaned my head against the wall behind the toilet to piss for 3 days, I won that battle. Again get better soon.

Wish you the best, I haven't had it that bad, it was my hip flexor causing the issue, couldn't stand up straight for a few days. Wife told me I'd have to piss sitting down, I leaned my head against the wall behind the toilet to piss for 3 days, I won that battle. Again get better soon.
thanks I can stand to piss by the time I am done my leg feels detached. It’s the showering on all fours that’s difficult…

After driving my toyota tacoma for a week of 40 mile drives back and forth to work my leg was killing me. So I started researching Toyota seat issues and low and behold lots of people my height have sciatic never pain when driving those trucks due to the seat sitting too low in the front. It got so bad one day I literally stood in the driveway and cried. I could not move I had to get my daughter to help me get in the house. Then it was like 4 weeks of laying down and relaxing and taking lots of pain meds. But my god that was some excruciating pain. Finally I bought these seat jackers they sell for the front 2 bolts on my seats. No more issues.

After driving my toyota tacoma for a week of 40 mile drives back and forth to work my leg was killing me. So I started researching Toyota seat issues and low and behold lots of people my height have sciatic never pain when driving those trucks due to the seat sitting too low in the front. It got so bad one day I literally stood in the driveway and cried. I could not move I had to get my daughter to help me get in the house. Then it was like 4 weeks of laying down and relaxing and taking lots of pain meds. But my god that was some excruciating pain. Finally I bought these seat jackers they sell for the front 2 bolts on my seats. No more issues.
it has brought me to tears multiple times so far. Chiropractor says my tailbone was twisted and laid on the nerve… muscles where the pain has been have been convulsing/twitching last few days..

I had it so bad I could barely get out of bed to pee. Once I was up and could at least move, a round of anti-inflammatories and I would do inversion, hanging upside down and letting everything stretch out. I use an INVERTRAC, found one on local classifieds. Got me back on my feet quicker than the doc, who just wanted to push more pills. You can get inversion tables too almost anywhere, but they put stress on the ankles, this one doesn't do that. YMMV.

They gave me a few stretches… I can walk about 50-60 steps before pain returns.. can’t sit at all..

First bout was in 1981 on and off since. Level of severity varies. I’ve learned to live with it. Heat, stretching and learning to scale back before it gets too angry. I do RF nerve ablation which has helped but you can only get so many. Thats where they burn the nerve out with an RF probe on the end of a needle at the spinal nerve root.

Smile keep your chin up…pain means your alive!

I messed up my back when I was 18. The sciatica would get pinched causing my back and hip muscles to spasm and make it worse.
Tried Chiropractor first time with limited results.
Second time was the worst, and the Chiropractor made it worse. Hospital gave me pain meds, muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory drugs. It mostly knocked me out for a week, and I could finally get to the bathroom.
That was 40 years ago. Been on anti-inflammatory meloxicam quite a bit, and every once in awhile when I tweek my back, the muscle relaxants.

Any of youz have an inguinal hernia?
Yup had mine repaired around 2010. Do not get any mesh repairs or laparoscopic. Go the traditional rout. I’ve had complications due to the mesh.

I've had bouts for over 40 years. Born with spina biffida and an incomplete rib/spine junction on L4 my nerves get pinched off and I lose my legs... kurplunk. Only thing that has ever helped is to just get up and push though it. Being under this building when I was 18 hasn't helped one ioda either...
buildingcollapse.jpg

I messed up my back when I was 18. The sciatica would get pinched causing my back and hip muscles to spasm and make it worse.
Tried Chiropractor first time with limited results.
Second time was the worst, and the Chiropractor made it worse. Hospital gave me pain meds, muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory drugs. It mostly knocked me out for a week, and I could finally get to the bathroom.
That was 40 years ago. Been on anti-inflammatory meloxicam quite a bit, and every once in awhile when I tweek my back, the muscle relaxants.
Yup chiropractors just want to do adjustments which aggravate the nerves. They hurt me more than help me. Slow stretching is better.

I've had bouts for over 40 years. Born with spina biffida and an incomplete rib/spine junction on L4 my nerves get pinched off and I lose my legs... kurplunk. Only thing that has ever helped is to just get up and push though it. Being under this building when I was 18 hasn't helped one ioda either...
View attachment 1262196
Wow god bless you! Life can be difficult but it builds character when you don’t have a silver spoon and no challenges.

At the moment I use the exercises in this book, plus a tilt table. Before that, I was on opioids and weekly chiro appointments to keep it under control, .... but even then it continued to get worse until an epidural shot smacked it down. The pain was at a level I didn't even know existed.

Between the book exercises and the table, I have not had opioids in two and a half years and I am back to mostly normal activity. The book was lent to me by my brother-in-law who is a physical therapists. He swears by it. It's really simple stuff in the book ... but it seems to work.

My issue is an extra 6th lumbar vertebrae not fully formed joint between L5 and L6. Been that way for all my life, but I guess it it took advancing decrepitude to bring it to the forefront. I'm told that spinal fusion (not a good solution) is in the cards if I cannot control it through exercise and care.... so I am pretty committed to the book exercises and my tilt table. So far, so good.

"What a drag it is, getting oo-oo-old"

Good luck.

View attachment 1262196
Could we say that was about the late 1800's ??

Auto Transport Service
Back