• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any sciatica sufferers on here?

I have'nt had the unfortunate experiences of allot of the folks here have had. But I have had it act up, and agree about the pain. Do you by chance carry a wallet in your hip pocket? If you do ,move it . Doctor advice to me years ago, suprisingly it worked within a week. Good luck

giphy.gif

Today was the first day I was able to walk pain free. It turns out my hip was out of alignment and it was pulling everything down on one side. Lots of irritated soft tissue and that is what was around the nerve.. I went to an orthopedic guy today and my one leg was shorter and my foot was turned when laid on my back. He was able to get me in a push/pull stretch and got my feet straight and both were even again! Most all the pain went away but I need to keep up with stretches so the muscles don’t go back. I walked about a mile today after 10 days I honestly never thought I would walk again it was that depressing. Not out of the woods yet as sleeping and getting up with out pain is the next big issue… For those who asked I never drive with my wallet its always in my console. Thanks to all that replied.. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow how I feel now..

The VA doc's sent me to the spinal surgeon in Downtown LA. He's the guy who puts the guys back together after they get blown up from IED's. He looked at my MRI and cat scans. Told me they would have to open me from my neck to my tail bone. Then maybe i'd get 5 years before they would be back in there. Bad genetics. My dad had the same thing. Degenerative disc disease along with uncle arthur, Seems i grow too much calcium deposits which are impinging on the nerve insertion points. I've learned to deal with it.

You might as well add me to that list too! Thank God that I haven't had a bad blow-out in quite a few years. My biggest problem that I had always wondered about since I first started going to Chiro's 30+ years ago if 1 leg was shorter than the other, I finally got that confirmation from my new current Chiro. I have trouble squatting down in the catchers position without either taking a knee, or throwing my leg way out to the right in order to pick something up. If I sit to long then stand up, my quad's feel totally exhausted like I've been in the gym until I walk it off.
I don't mind getting older, it's the Damm aging I don't like!

You might as well add me to that list too! Thank God that I haven't had a bad blow-out in quite a few years. My biggest problem that I had always wondered about since I first started going to Chiro's 30+ years ago if 1 leg was shorter than the other, I finally got that confirmation from my new current Chiro. I have trouble squatting down in the catchers position without either taking a knee, or throwing my leg way out to the right in order to pick something up. If I sit to long then stand up, my quad's feel totally exhausted like I've been in the gym until I walk it off.
I don't mind getting older, it's the Damm aging I don't like!
You benefit from a shoe raise/lift.

I've had 2 episodes, once in my 50s which sent me to the ER. Months and months of barely able to walk, and finally through therapy it ceased. 2nd episode was my one and only trip to a Chiropractor. Although very attractive, she sent me on 3-4 weeks of agony. Unfortunately it was during Chrysler's @Carlisle and spent most of the time sitting in the FBBO tent. It was absolute agony to make it to the tent, and seriously thought about renting a Jazzy.
I feel really bad for you chronic sufferers, I can't imagine living with that full time.
My regimen was mega doses of ibuprofen and gabapentin, and religiously following the therapists stretching routine.
Good luck!

You benefit from a shoe raise/lift.
I've been playing with different ones as I'm 3/4" difference, still hurts with or without. Now, is that from my body adjusting to the lift/shift of the hip/leg, or something else? Somehow I manage.

We have all learned how to deal with it. What’s the alternative? Buy a Chevy 4 door V6 and sit at home watching reruns of Jeopardy. I chose to have fun till I am nailed in my coffin. Whatever it takes I’ll modify my life till I am a helpless old fool. Lol I’m just not to the helpless part yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back