• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any snake people here ?

I hate being startled by anything. I will relocate snakes, but my cats think they are tasty

When I was young seeing a snake meant killing a snake. We had the bad ones, Copperheads and Water Moccasins (cottonmouths) but we killed them all. Now in Colorado I'll relocate a snake if it's not poisonous but if you relocate one take it miles and miles away or it will find its way back.

I remember once when I was young we had an alligator snapping turtle cornered and we were throwing rocks at it trying in vain to kill it. (They are very hard to kill, you can shoot them and they'll still crawl off.) These ladies in a car stopped and told us to stop doing that. I was surprised and confused. Killing these reptiles was just what you did back then.

I got a yard full of garter snakes and a few bull snakes. They eat bugs I don't want and mice I definitely don't want around. With a corn field in my back yard bull snakes are good to have help control the mouse population.
20220708_164704.jpg

I thought the same thing but there is no water around that area at all. I seen that nasty head and that’s all I needed to see.

Auto Transport Service
Back