• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tire dating gurus on here?

joe smith

Local time
12:42 PM
Reaction score
Can any one tell me when this Radial T/A was made? Brand new and I am curious if its been a warehouse queen... Thanks

DSCF0638.JPG

Last edited:
We need the next four numeric digits. They will show week and year. Example- 0511 would be fifth week of 2011.

Previous to 2000, they used a three digit system, numbers only. Your alpha numeric shown aren't the date.

thanks for all the reply's.... Let me go look again.... Its a Coker copy I purchased from jegs….

I’ve never dated a tire, but one that I did had a spare tire.

@joe smith - check the DOT code on the white letter side. Your photos don’t have the date codes.

Well, it kinda depends on if they are supposed to be the same size?
DING DING DING, we have a winner.... I do suppose I should have been more specific, like " My two new FRONT tires"....LOL

I'm fairly certain that those had weird codes I believe you have may of 2001 tires and obviously the wrong size for a matching set . Tell them to try again

Auto Transport Service
Back