• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any trusted Mopar shops for paint in MA or New England area?

ToddMcF2002

Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi I've been looking into adding the factory trim back to my 69GTX and I've come to the conclusion that whoever painted my car placed the black out area at least 3/4" too low for the trim so I'm going to have to redo the lower paint. I'm looking for a good shop to drill the holes, install the trim and do the paint work. Anyone know of a trusted shop in MA or near?

IMG_7580.jpg

Bundy Motors in Tolland, CT. They are not Mopar (mostly Fords and Italian) but they do Concours restorations and almost all of their stuff goes down to BJ, Mecum or MCACN. I'd trust them with my eyes closed. Pricey but I'm not sure how good of a job you're looking for.

Innovative Restorations in CT seem's to do some interesting paint work as well. Custom paint jobs etc.

Will be paying attention to this thread cause I'm curious for Mopar shops in New England as well.

Last edited:
Bundy Motors in Tolland, CT. They are Mopar (mostly Fords and Italian) but they do Concours restorations and almost all of their stuff goes down to BJ, Mecum or MCACN. I'd trust them with my eyes closed. Pricey but I'm not sure how good of a job you're looking for.

Innovative Restorations in CT seem's to do some very fine paint work as well. Custom paint jobs etc.

Will be paying attention to this thread cause I'm curious for Mopar shops in New England as well.

Thanks. The current paint was about 20K of work so I'm not interested in damaging the gold. The blackout just needs to be redone - raised a bit and have the trim installed in the correct position. Its not difficult work just precision - not something I want to tackle on this car.

I certainly wouldn't want to mess that up either. In that case, whoever you go with I'd provide them factory manual schematics for trim location, height, placement etc. Just to make sure there's no miscommunication. I'm sure there many capable shops in N.E. especially in New Hampshire/MA. Just have to make sure you're clear on the instructions.

I certainly wouldn't want to mess that up either. In that case, whoever you go with I'd provide them factory manual schematics for trim location, height, placement etc. Just to make sure there's no miscommunication. I'm sure there many capable shops in N.E. especially in New Hampshire/MA. Just have to make sure you're clear on the instructions.

I have the service manual but it doesn't go into that unfortunately. Are you aware of a body reference like that? Otherwise I'll need to find a car to do some measuring

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any. The FSM appears to only show info for the blackout paint on the hood.

Another option you can do is find some forum members/friends who have UNRESTORED or a concurs 69 GTX, and ask/take precise measurements. I personally would take distance measurements at the rear reflectors, the GTX symbol, and front turn signal reflector. Also take measurements between the metal trim and the red pin striping as IIRC there is a very small gap in between to allow you to see the paint underneath.
Because there doesn't seem to be precise measurements (easily findable at least) be careful of checking any random GTX , cause I'm sure may DIY'ers just go by eye.

Of course if that fails you can give a call to Nick's Garage in Ontario or some other Mopar Exclusive shop that might have a lead. Good luck on your search. Let us know what you find out.

Well I did some research here and I found a few very interesting pics. Here is MoparNation74's factory holes sitting consistently ~.75" above the body line.
dsc04203-jpg.jpg

Of course once the moulding is installed it will end up sitting ~.5" above the body line as a result. Here is another member (unfortunately pretty inactive) who shows the stripe sitting equidistant below the body line vs the moulding above it. I've read its supposed to be .75" below the moulding, which would make it a bit lower than equidistant but its pretty close.
ce78b37d-0c6f-4e78-9068-738596e9ebaa-jpeg.jpg

Here is my car, you can clearly see the problem. My black paint stops way too low
IMG_7603.jpg

about 1/2" from the bottom of the mldg to the center of the body line sounds about right.

Ive owned four 69 GTXs ,,,but none now

Vern's Auto Body in Merrimack, NH did the body work and paint on my 69 Roadrunner. He's a Mopar owner and the price was great.

Another vote for Labrecque Autocraft in East Windsor, CT. Very impressive work being done there. They are very passionate about old Mopar’s.

Another vote for Labrecque Autocraft in East Windsor, CT. Very impressive work being done there. They are very passionate about old Mopar’s.
I drove there when they were almost finished with a 66 Hemi Belvedere II convertible. They asked me if they could borrow my top well liner. I said I'd give the well liner out of my parts car. Sent it to them and couple months later a new well liner cane in a box.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back