• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any value in these 65 wagons?

Gary Stavely

Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
Technically not a mopar but I couldn't hope for a better place to ask this question. Lately I have been thinking a classic wagon would be a fun project after my coronet is finished its restoration, ran into a 1965 AMC rambler 330 wagon for &2500 CND and though it's in good restoration condition and seems mostly there I am wondering if these cars have much value? I still have to take a good look at it but I sure don't see many around and they just have a cool factor to them IMO.
Thx!
V8 car 287 I believe!

received_399415414863916.jpeg received_1187832938368733.jpeg received_4328402463908371.jpeg received_539470453803253.jpeg

Looks like it's pretty solid and could be a fun driver.

I like it.

Don't think folks are beating down doors to buy them, though.
There was that body style convertible on local CL for months and months.
Started at $2500 and was down to $700 before it left the list.

I like it.

Don't think folks are beating down doors to buy them, though.
There was that body style convertible on local CL for months and months.
Started at $2500 and was down to $700 before it left the list.
I may be able to get him down but not sure how much.

Sure is a nice size for today's parking spaces, not to mention power to weight and MPG.

...and it's an SUV.

It honestly looks like a solid old wagon, I’ve never seen that body style as a wagon. It may not be a high dollar car but it would be a fun car for road trips.

Looks like the body is pretty nice.

What engine and trans?

AMC was "famous" for putting floor shift manuals in wagons.

...and that 258 six was a great engine.

Jeep 4.0/4.2 EFI would be a great modern transplant. IIRC that head can be retrofitted to the 258.

4.0 and OD manual would be the bomb in that car.

...and you could put "Eliminator" graphics on it.

Number one is where do you get part's for an AMC car. It is hard enough to get parts for these old Mopar's. But you could do a lot with the motor and drive train like replace it all under the car. But just think would get something parts where more available for.

Vintage jeeps have a hell of a following...and aftermarket support.

I like that color, too.

Number one is where do you get part's for an AMC car. It is hard enough to get parts for these old Mopar's. But you could do a lot with the motor and drive train like replace it all under the car. But just think would get something parts where more available for.
Yes I know this from restoring my 67 coronet, car is mostly there though so that help bigtime.

We all have done crazy things with different car's. It look's cool and was not intending on bashing the car. Just was wondering what drew you too it. Guess the price is good. I would consider it a shell and build it the way I wanted it. Good luck. Had a Vista Cruiser back in the day with a 425 motor and it was a blast. Could load a lot of friends in it to go to the movies. Have fun and build it like you want it.

Jeep engine and T5 trans (just guessing what they used)

Disk brake conversion.

8 1/4 LSD axle swap.

That's 90% of the "serviceable" parts.

I even like the wheels that are currently on it.

Look like ford ranger wheels. I look for those in u-pull yards.
I learned they came in both 14" (one of the last vehicles to use those) and 15".

Could even use "SC/Rambler" parts and theme.

...but I like that turquoise.

Jeep engine and T5 trans (just guessing what they used)

Disk brake conversion.

8 1/4 LSD axle swap.

That's 90% of the "serviceable" parts.

I even like the wheels that are currently on it.

Look like ford ranger wheels. I look for those in u-pull yards.
I learned they came in both 14" (one of the last vehicles to use those) and 15".
I think the wheels are keystones or centerline, about right for that Era probably put on in the 80s but not sure.

Looks like a great candidate for keeping it original. Fix the mechanics, give it a good cleaning, put some appropriate wheels on it and drive it.
I saw a tv show a while back where Jay Leno found an old Duesenberg in a garage just miles from his home. It had been in storage for decades. He decided not to restore it and just get the mechanics right and drive it. Yes, I know this is not a Duesenberg, but they're only original once.

My take ? It's not the value factor, it's the fun factor. And that sure looks like fun ! A little TLC and some pop under the hood.... bingo !

Auto Transport Service
Back