• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Visiible Screws/Fastneers Used on Factory Door/Window Panels?

Dibbons

Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
I am restoring the door panels/window panels now on my '72 SSP project vehicle. Since they were recovered once in the past, i have lost a reference on exactly how the factory attached them to the doors and the rear seat panels (below rear side windows).

I did not observe any visible screws holding the panels on when I took things off, just two types of clips that are pressed into holes.

In particular, I am curious about the rear most section of the panel that goes just below the side windows for the back seat. The first two fotos show a screw in he center of the pictures that attach the lower hard plastic panel. I wonder whether or not that screw should first penetrate the soft foam upper section or not. The part I am talking about is triangle shaped (see last two fotos). Thank you.

DSC05518.JPG DSC05519.JPG DSC05520.JPG DSC05521.JPG

I believe 72 and 73 are the same or very close. This is my 73 panel in the back original before restoration, two visible screws.

DSC03790.JPG

You will also need the small metal rivets/washers that go around the screws as seen in the picture above. They are not exact but lowes/home depot actually have some that look very close to the originals.

Upper door panels attach with clips on the back, no screws at all.

You will also need the small metal rivets/washers that go around the screws as seen in the picture above. They are not exact but lowes/home depot actually have some that look very close to the originals.
Yes, they are in the hardware section where you find parts for cabinets as they are actually washers for hanging cabinets.

I have those cupped washers and the mating long screws from parting out three '73 B Bodies.

Here's a pic of a '73 Satty. Rear upper panel rearward screw (red arrow). And like "idrivemopar" said, there are hanger brackets that also secure the upper door panels. I have those as well.

Untitled.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back