• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody doing any upgrades to their Race Cars over the winter?

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Just curiuos on who's doing anything to their rides over this long winter?
I can't seem to sit still.
Suspension, electric or any motor work?

Just having the motor freshened up, that’s about it.

Maybe at the engine builders it will grow from a little 498 to a 605.... LOL

Go through the transmission just to give it a check up, the converter should be fine since it was freshened up last year.

yes. freshening the hemi as well, new bearings, and rings.
Everything checked out so far.Heads look good, going to give it a valve job.Rehone the cylinders.
Valves and pistons are looked excellant.
Maybe we can find some more ponied before we butt it back together.

Attachments

• Fish Tanks 65 plymouth indy crossram intake 053.JPG
    Fish Tanks 65 plymouth indy crossram intake 053.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 787
going to install some rear disc brakes,new fan with shroud and some front end work. it's that time of year!! just trying to get motivated.

will be putting together the hemi for the coronet this winter still gathering parts for the build picked up a nice used crossram setup for it back in sept complete intake carbs linkage and fuel lines etc not really at the point of needing it at this point but to good of a deal to turn down, next i will be purchasing crank rods and pistons so it will be off to the machine shop sometime in jan( i hope)so i can have a short block done then i will have to save for some stage 5 heads it sure is a slow process what do you guys think about going with a 4.50 stroke hemi? i think thats the route im going to go.

My engine has been freshened and still in plastic wrap from currant engine builder ARC.After & if I survive the holidays the parts to freshen up the BDS 1071 roots need to be ordered along with a dominator top plate,crank hub and timing ring and installed.Then I can set the blower on the intake to install the new SV1 carbs and carb linkage then fab up some fuel lines.Once that's all done it's off to the engine dyno where I hope ARC will shine like the sun.I am looking for 2 boost levels,7/8 lbs on pump gas and 13/15 lbs on 116.My hemi is now about 545 inches and I hope it stays there for 4 or 5 years:eusa_boohoo:

Attachments

• MUSCLEPALOOZA ETOWN 10 011.jpg
    MUSCLEPALOOZA ETOWN 10 011.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 670
  • MUSCLEPALOOZA ETOWN 10 012.jpg
    MUSCLEPALOOZA ETOWN 10 012.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 669
  • SV1'S 017.jpg
    SV1'S 017.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 676
  • SV1'S 021.jpg
    SV1'S 021.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 668
  • SV1'S 022.jpg
    SV1'S 022.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 681
Building a complete new eng. 493 with Indy EZ heads and will still be a pump gas eng. Ron

Updating to 7.50 cage, remount the nose, new radiator and fix my lifter problem, Hope to have great time next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updating to 7.50 cage, remount the nose, new radiator and fix my lifter problem, Hope to have great time next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthless_thread:
You will have a great time racing next year, You'll be hanging with NENDRA and me !

You will have a great time racing next year, You'll be hanging with NENDRA and me !

Sounds like the circuit is growing....It looks like you are now averaging 25 cars!! That's great!!! Maybe you'll will come over as a group to the Monster Mopar.. Remember all makes are welcome between 60'-68'... Hemi's, Wedges, Cammers, side-oilers, nail heads....NO small blocks. NO Tranny brakes, Max tire width 10.5w.

NMCA RULES
CONTACT DOUG DUELL, he will be glad to fill you in on the details. It is the race of the year for NSS/FX
poppaj

Attachments

• monstermopar.jpg
    monstermopar.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 621

Maybe he don't do the picture thingys:eusa_boohoo:

Attachments

• LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 117.jpg
    LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 117.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 611
  • LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 118.jpg
    LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 118.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 607
  • LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 119.jpg
    LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 119.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 600
  • LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 120.jpg
    LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 120.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 608
  • LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 121.jpg
    LVR MOPAR DAY 2010 121.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 598
I want to rewire mine. And try to figure out why it runs doggy, except when it's wide open. The 383 in the picture is going in my 64 sport fury. I may even race it once. Gotta see what it's got, you know.

Attachments

• P1020091.jpg
    P1020091.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 589
Thanks hemi-ittis i'll figure out the picture thing some day but you have better pictures than i do LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that 67 gtx great looking car

I want to rewire mine. And try to figure out why it runs doggy, except when it's wide open. The 383 in the picture is going in my 64 sport fury. I may even race it once. Gotta see what it's got, you know.

That looks like it's flyin while it's sittin'!That should hook & book:idea1:

I would like to build a 400/512ci or 440, but not sure if thats going to happen. Because now that i have money saved up again i've been seeing some nice cars for sale :) for example a 72' pro street lemans in primer with a built 455/4speed for 4k obo :eek:

will be putting together the hemi for the coronet this winter still gathering parts for the build picked up a nice used crossram setup for it back in sept complete intake carbs linkage and fuel lines etc not really at the point of needing it at this point but to good of a deal to turn down, next i will be purchasing crank rods and pistons so it will be off to the machine shop sometime in jan( i hope)so i can have a short block done then i will have to save for some stage 5 heads it sure is a slow process what do you guys think about going with a 4.50 stroke hemi? i think thats the route im going to go.

65 Dodge,

Were talking from experience, it doesn't cost much more to go 577 than it does 426.
Check with your machinist and see how much machining it would take to put that 4.500 stroke crank in, I think if you haven’t' already bought the pistons and rods, you'll be ok. If I'm not mistaking that is where your clearance issues would be.
Who is going to do your engine work?

Good luck keep us updated.

Thanks

Kevin

65 Dodge,

Were talking from experience, it doesn't cost much more to go 577 than it does 426.
Check with your machinist and see how much machining it would take to put that 4.500 stroke crank in, I think if you haven’t' already bought the pistons and rods, you'll be ok. If I'm not mistaking that is where your clearance issues would be.
Who is going to do your engine work?

Good luck keep us updated.

Thanks

Kevin

I AGREE.
remember theres no replacement for displacement. Go bigger!

we are going for a new set of headers from holt, new radiator, fix the rear end, new tires all the way around (going to try pheonix out on the rear this year, have heard nothing but good things), and also are going to redo the fuel system.

No big changes for us really.

Casey

Auto Transport Service
Back