• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have a solar battery maintainer or attic fan?

YY1

Local time
9:17 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking at a zero recurring cost way to help cool my shop.

I'm thinking a solar vent fan is the way to go.

So far the ones I can afford seem pretty dang rudimentary

for $160 there's a 12" 60w fan and a 50w panel with a rudimentary controller with a battery tap. It basically runs the fan when it's light ans stops when it's not.

Not sure if the battery maintainers operate the same way but I'd sure like to find one with a true maintainer circuit.

nobody?

I've been studying and understand the subject as I'm looking to deck out a RV. I don't quite understand what your saying or trying to say? This line makes no sense?
for $160 there's a 12" 60w fan and a 50w panel with a rudimentary controller with a battery tap.
Do you have a link?
You need a solar panel, charge controller, and battery and if it's a 12V fan, that's it. If it's a 120V fan, then you need a converter. For a on/off switch, you'd need to find something that allows it to turn on at sun up, and off when down, or you do it manually. Do a solar search on your favorite search engine to learn more. Good Luck

...and the problem with the solar battery maintainers I've seen is that there is no control circuitry like a typical maintainer that shuts off the charging when the battery is charged.

Auto Transport Service
Back