• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have experience with shorty headers in a small block B body?

SDCoronet

Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
I was gonna go with dougs full headers, but it apparently they don't work with column shift.

I have a mild 318 auto car (67) with an ebrock 4 barrel and dual plane manifold and would like a sweet sounding exhaust (and a little more power wouldnt hurt either). Anybody have experience with TTI shorty's?

Thanks again guys.....

Yes on the TTI's. The easiest headers I've ever installed. If you do go with the TTI shorty's you will need the down pipes to attach to your current exhaust or get the complete system.These photo's are from a 68 Valiant that we did.TTI also has a kit(photo) to do a changeover for column shift cars,or you can modify what you have.

IMG_2619.jpg IMG_2621.jpg IMG_2626.jpg IMG_2644.jpg IMG_2645.jpg IMG_2649.jpg

I put some (I think?) Hedman fulls on my 72 charger. Gooooood lord what a pain that was. And it necessitated the switch to a floor shifter for me (though I wanted to anyway).

Next time, shorty’s for sure.

Man that looks very nice! How much of power increase did you guys feel? Got video clip of the sound? Thanks Darter6!

Yes on the TTI's. The easiest headers I've ever installed. If you do go with the TTI shorty's you will need the down pipes to attach to your current exhaust or get the complete system.These photo's are from a 68 Valiant that we did.TTI also has a kit(photo) to do a changeover for column shift cars,or you can modify what you have.

I do, but not the best (it was windy) sound bite.Having trouble finding what I did with it. The car was a 273 with a Jegs #555-200161 cam kit.904 with a 2.76 rear. The car was built as just a driver/fun cruiser. I have installed many of the TTI header kits over the years(long tube) and wanted to try out the shorty's.After removing the stock exhaust it took a total of 10 minutes to have the headers in place and bolted down.No lie.Passenger side from the top and driver side from underneath.
Over on A Bodies Only there is a photo install in the "How To"section of the complete system.

IMG_2754.jpg

Let's see if I can make it work.

My computer said it is not supported, trying again

Looks like that worked,I'm a caveman when it comes to computer stuff.
As far as power,hey it's a 273. Along with the cam it has a Edelbrock Performer intake and a 600 AFB.Sure is easier on gas than my Hemi car !

Here's the TTI shorties in a 67 Belvedere, but with a 4 speed. Very easy to install. The driver side adapter pipe was a little tricky to install without pulling the torsion bar but I got it in. Switching from small port manifolds it was a noticeable increase in power, especially once the carb was re-jetted.

DSCN1535.JPG DSCN1536.JPG DSCN1537.JPG DSCN1540.JPG DSCN1554.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back