• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have front body moving wheels...

CoronetDarter

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:10 AM
Reaction score
that I can rent or borrow? The Coronet is ready for paint and needs to be wheeled onto a flat bed. The front currently rolls on a heavy duty cart, which works fine around the garage but it's not bolted on so I don't trust it to make it up a ramp.
The plan is to have the car painted within the next two weeks but judging by how the resto has gone so far it'll probably take twice as long.
I live near Sacramento and would be willing to drive. Thanks FBBO members.

Very simple to make, doesn't cost much and you'll have them for the next project.

I have a front end dolly that I built and has some serious casters on them. Could probably hold up a train. My family and I are driving to California from Utah to Disneyland. I'll have to check with the misses and make sure the dolly will fit in our car but if both check out you can have it for what I paid for the casters which was $75. I built it to fit a '69 RR. I'll be in Anaheim from the 17th - 22nd but the 17th is really the only day we don't have much planned but the beach so you could meet me at Huntington Beach that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I made it to bolt up to where the front bumper brackets go

I have a front end dolly that I built and has some serious casters on them. Could probably hold up a train. My family and I are driving to California from Utah to Disneyland. I'll have to check with the misses and make sure the dolly will fit in our car but if both check out you can have it for what I paid for the casters which was $75. I built it to fit a '69 RR. I'll be in Anaheim from the 17th - 22nd but the 17th is really the only day we don't have much planned but the beach so you could meet me at Huntington Beach that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a deal!! Too bad you weren't coming to Texas! :D

Im in So Cal
You can use mine but too far away
I purchased a set of 4 from Harbor Freight
(Sorry guys, I cant afford the U.S. Made set)

No worries. Thanks for replying.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for replying Eagleone. As it turns out my window of opportunity has shrunk to about 48 hours. So instead of changing out the front rollers I have rigged up two sets of ramps to accommodate the difference in the front and rear width. I'll find out tomorrow if it works.
And I hope you and your family have fun in Disneyland; you picked a good week, the weather is mild right now

Take a couple 2x4 and put wheels on the end and you can roll it around... Use the largest wheels you can find.. And your project sounds on time and on budget.. Took twice as long and cost twice as much... Par for the course..lol...

Im in So Cal
You can use mine but too far away
I purchased a set of 4 from Harbor Freight
(Sorry guys, I cant afford the U.S. Made set)

I"m with you. I was in the process of making a set of rollers using HF casters. But as it turned out, I went from not knowing where or when my car was going to be painted to needing to get it to a local shop by Thursday so they could paint it over the weekend. Everything has fallen into place since Sunday, and I've been working on the finishing touches every night since. So thanks for the offer but as I replied to Eagleone, I'm going with the setup I have and making the trailer ramps work. I'll expand upon my (mis)adventure in my resto thread this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a couple 2x4 and put wheels on the end and you can roll it around... Use the largest wheels you can find.. And your project sounds on time and on budget.. Took twice as long and cost twice as much... Par for the course..lol...

LOL. You're pretty close, I wish I was only 2X over budget!

No problem. Luckily I happened to pick the week just before Disneyland's big 60th anniversary kickoff. I imagine that day and those following it are going to be unbearable there with crowds.

Auto Transport Service
Back