• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know a decent contact person at US Radiator?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score
So I am thinking about buying a new radiator for my 69 Road Runner. Did a little research and kind of like the stuff that US Radiator makes. I called them today and was so put off by the man who answered the phone, that I hung up on him. I just had a couple of questions regarding their aluminum vs. copper options. I was on hold for probably 10 minutes total and another 15 trying to understand what this assclown was saying. Finally I just wanted to summarize what he was rattling on about. His exact words were "Are you kidding me, haven't you been listening to what I've just told you?" I swear to God this prick just swallowed a handful of qualudes - he was in his own little world. Anyway, I wouldn't mind talking to someone who gives a hoot about a potential customer. Have any of you dealt with them directly and remember a name?

Yeah, I saw those. From their spec. sheet it doesn't look like a stock shroud will fit though. I am also trying to decide if I want aluminum, or stick with copper.

They act like that....... I walk. Hopefully you got a name for when you talk to someone who actually cares, then you can tell them about this jerk.

I plan on going with US Radiator in my 65 so please keep us updated as I am to old to put up with this kind of B.S. from people I spend my money with. :nono:

I guess I should have mentioned that the car has a 22" rad. with the factory inlet and outlet both on the drivers side. I had this recored about 10 years ago with a 4 row. It has developed a very small leak in the neck area. The car never overheated in the 480 miles that I drove it this summer. I never drove it when it was really hot out, but with an outdoor temp of 80 or less it runs about 195. It did inch up to 205 once though, making me think that it is borderline for 525 hp. I believe this joker from US Radiator said they would build one with the top bung on the pass side and baffles that would work better than the stock setup. I never did get an answer out of him if a 2 row alum would cool better than a 4 core copper one. My other option I guess would be to buy a 26, drill 2 new holes to mount it, and buy a new shroud. Hence my reason for calling US in the first place - to get their opinion as this is what they do.

I would also HIGHLY recommend Wizard. Customer service is excellent and if they don't have exactly what you want they will build it for you for the same price as the off the shelf. I have a 22" and paid for the upgraded cores to 1.25" . Very reasonably priced and I even got a courtesy call to tell me my rad was now being build FOR me

i bought a 22" 4 row radiator from those folks back in '13. didn't fit well, and the top tank busted this last june. got inside to look at the cores and several were solder closed and several more were partially soldered closed. i think i gave almost $700 for the radiator and it didn't last 3 yrs. sitting up in the attic now after blowing some more money to repair it.

X2, Glen-ray is the bomb!!!! They were pricy, but really nice people, and they were able to get me a 28" factory stamped radiator built with 4 cores.

i bought a 22" 4 row radiator from those folks back in '13. didn't fit well, and the top tank busted this last june. got inside to look at the cores and several were solder closed and several more were partially soldered closed. i think i gave almost $700 for the radiator and it didn't last 3 yrs. sitting up in the attic now after blowing some more money to repair it.

Is this a US Radiator you are referring to?

I know you didn't ask, but I'm with idrivemopar, give Glen-ray a call before you come to a decision. They have quality copper rads and great customer service. I talked to Bob at length about copper vs. aluminum and he patiently walked me through. And don't let the website throw you, those prices are for date coding and p/n stamping. I ordered a 26" plain Jane top and the price was comparable to a 4 core aluminum.

Glen- Ray's radiator is keeping my blown injected Hemi cool. Bob has done a couple radiators for me. All top notch. IMHO. Don't waste time with the others.

So I am thinking about buying a new radiator for my 69 Road Runner. Did a little research and kind of like the stuff that US Radiator makes. I called them today and was so put off by the man who answered the phone, that I hung up on him. I just had a couple of questions regarding their aluminum vs. copper options. I was on hold for probably 10 minutes total and another 15 trying to understand what this assclown was saying. Finally I just wanted to summarize what he was rattling on about. His exact words were "Are you kidding me, haven't you been listening to what I've just told you?" I swear to God this prick just swallowed a handful of qualudes - he was in his own little world. Anyway, I wouldn't mind talking to someone who gives a hoot about a potential customer. Have any of you dealt with them directly and remember a name?
That guy is a total asshole! I bought my four row 22" US POS radiator from YearOne and waited to install it a couple of months later. When I called us radiator, that asshole answered too, I mentioned the trans cooling hook ups are wrong, radiator was clogged and paint is chipping. He told me your radiator is out of warranty (90 days) and he would not do anything. The mother f**ker could not even speak correct English. The radiator is cheaply made, sh! t a monkey could do a better job. Anyway yearOne offered to take it back for a full refund. I ended up having right stuff detailing custom bend me some trans cooling line.

That guy is a total asshole! I bought my four row 22" US POS radiator from YearOne and waited to install it a couple of months later. When I called us radiator, that asshole answered too, I mentioned the trans cooling hook ups are wrong, radiator was clogged and paint is chipping. He told me your radiator is out of warranty (90 days) and he would not do anything. The mother f**ker could not even speak correct English. The radiator is cheaply made, sh! t a monkey could do a better job. Anyway yearOne offered to take it back for a full refund. I ended up having right stuff detailing custom bend me some trans cooling line.

Yep, that is the same prick that I talked to. Didn't want to mention the fact that he couldn't speak English very well for fear of being politically incorrect lol. My mind is now made up that I will never buy anything from US Radiator for any of my projects.

the guy i talked to at u.s. radiator spoke "american". i called him after recieving the radiator and questioned him about some issues i didn't care for. his exact words to me were; "it's made in california, what do you expect?"'. i was dumbfounded and never spoke to them again.

I'm with the Glen-Ray crowd too. I had a couple different radiators in my 70 Challenger that didn't do a good job. Finally bit the bullet and had Bob build me one. I think it was about $400.00 but never had overheating problems again. The bonus was that it not only looked correct, it was correct. IMO, if you spend big bucks for a high horsepower engine, why would you want to skimp on the cooling?

Auto Transport Service
Back