• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know this Max Wedge?

1964-dodge-330-max-wedge.jpg

Nice car probably a clone.
Real nice clone....why would anyone want to put headers, other than the max wedge cast iron type (would have been nice to have the 4-2-1 cast iron tr1-Y unuts) and all the accessories including the re-plumbed aluminum radiator. Guessing it does not have the 3705S Carters either. Probably a 426 street wedge block....without the factory machined (not ground in) exhaust valve relief notch. BUT to each his(her) taste and affordability. Nice to look at....
BOB RENTON

it's a big old faker but looks nice & oddly the color works great. The headers, radiator, rad hose & over flow tank really ruins it for me.

Dave,
Does the
Greg Lane's Max Wedge and Race Hemi Pages still work?
I tried the listed e-mail address and it came back. I've tried www.maxwedge.com to no avail. I'm looking to buy some of the his listed publications. Any help is appreciated...
BOB RENTON
Greg has been in the hospital for a few weeks with heart issues so you probably won't be hearing from him any time soon..

Greg has been in the hospital for a few weeks with heart issues so you probably won't be hearing from him any time soon..

THANKS FOR THE INFO.....I know the feeling only too well.....2 years ago I had my aortic valve replaced (stop the heart, go on the pump for 3+ hours, install a bio-prosthetic valve-part metal, part bovine) recovery was about 6 months plus YESTERDAY, I had my Pacemaker/defibrillator replaced (after 7 years the battery was at the end of its life)....and I feel like ive been run over by a bus....this will take a week or so to recover....
BOB RENTON

Last edited:
Yes it’s a clone. Engine is by a race engine builder, Koffel’s Place. I prefer exhaust manifolds over headers too.

It's a great looking car. The ad states the it's painted in the correct med. turquoise , and it's nice , but doesn't it look like it has too much blue in the paint?, or is it just me. I'm asking because i'll be painting my 64' a medium turquoise also.

Last edited:
@RJRENTON, i went to Greg Lanes site and found publications listed, but by Darrel Davis. I used Gregs linc, but found all of the Davis books sold out. Is that what you found?
Other than that, the max wedge and race hemi pages still work for me.

@RJRENTON, i went to Greg Lanes site and found publications listed, but by Darrel Davis. I used Gregs linc, but found all of the Davis books sold out. Is that what you found?
Other than that, the max wedge and race hemi pages still work for me.
YES....all the publications by Darrel Davis were sold out. I thought that the gentlemen worked together. I was trying to determine if/ when the publications would be available again and their approximate cost. I'll try the link again....perhaps I've fat fingered a key....thanks for the effort
BOB RENTON

THANKS FOR THE INFO.....I know the feeling only too well.....2 years ago I had my aortic valve replaced (stop the heart, go on the pump for 3+ hours, install a bio-prosthetic valve-part metal, part bovine) recovery was about 6 months plus YESTERDAY, I had my Pacemaker/defibrillator replaced (after 7 years the battery was at the end of its life)....and I feel like ive been run over by a bus....this will take a week or so to recover....
BOB RENTON
That doesn't sound like fun at all, I know Greg when through pretty much the same about a year ago but I think everything else kidneys, heart Etc. is catching up with him now.
If your looking for books you might want to contact Darrel davis directly which he may not even have any or even Kramer who probably has some.

That doesn't sound like fun at all, I know Greg when through pretty much the same about a year ago but I think everything else kidneys, heart Etc. is catching up with him now.
If your looking for books you might want to contact Darrel davis directly which he may not even have any or even Kramer who probably has some.

Thank you for your email and the information....i'll try Jim Kramer as I know him well, having lived in Western Pa., for many years. I've been to his business several times, saw his 2 altered wheel base cars and tons of NOS Mopar parts. Herman is not far ftom Butler Pa. I've also done business with Wally Allen, also in Herman Pa, not far from Jim Kramer. Wally Allen rebuilt the Dana 60 and A833 trans in my GTX, with NOS parts ftom Kramer. I also know and have done business with John Borgen, E body guy and Lou Hudachek, B body guy. Regards,
BOB RENTON

Thank you for your email and the information....i'll try Jim Kramer as I know him well, having lived in Western Pa., for many years. I've been to his business several times, saw his 2 altered wheel base cars and tons of NOS Mopar parts. Herman is not far ftom Butler Pa. I've also done business with Wally Allen, also in Herman Pa, not far from Jim Kramer. Wally Allen rebuilt the Dana 60 and A833 trans in my GTX, with NOS parts ftom Kramer. I also know and have done business with John Borgen, E body guy and Lou Hudachek, B body guy. Regards,
BOB RENTON
Sorry to hear you lived in this toilet bowl area I also Know Jim, Wally very well

Auto Transport Service
Back