• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know where I can find mp electronic distributors?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:46 PM
Reaction score
So I thought I would buy a couple of electronic distributors to throw on the shelf for spares. I'm looking for p3690431 and p3690432. Mopar quit making them and I am surprised no one has stepped up to reproduce a copy since there are so many in use. Is the Proform sold by Mancini the only option you guys know of?

Thanks. Wonder why that place didn't show up when I did a search? I'll give them a call to see if they are in stock.

I've got a 431...needs a rebuild I'm sure but not sure about getting rid of it just yet. I just went complete msd and it's good so far. But let me know if you're still in need..

I get mine from the junk yard.

They're cheap enough that I can get 5 to 10 of them for the cost of a new one.

70-80% of them are usually fine, and the 20-30% that aren't are parts donors to make another one or two.

SB is SUPER easy to find, and I just scored a BB one last week, complete with PCM and harness for $20.

Find a JY that takes motor homes :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry- didn't see you were a hard core racer.

Maybe best to get NIB for you.

You sure you got the firecore one? mine works flawlessly vac advance was way high and adjustment was a breeze about 7 turns in and got my timing perfect. plus mechanical advance inline with it to keep it on track for punch power :)

You must have gotten something different these firecore ones have been around now for a bit and everyone seems to like them with no issues. yours would be the first I had ever seen if it is a firecore one.

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/maravaadeldi.html

Whatever you do stay away from that $99 one from 440source, it's a cheap *** procomp electronic one that is mechanical only and has no real adjustments other than bending the stop tabs in or out for max all in timing. sux balls got one sitting on the bench collecting dust.

The one I had problems with was not the Firecore. It was the one Mancini had made that was supposed to be an exact copy of the mp version. Maybe I should just go with 2 new billet Firecores and keep my mp's for spares. Just don't want to waste money on one that is known to be inferior quality.

Ok guys, here is an update on what I have learned. Called Monicatti. They have been bought out by another company and have no mp dizzys in stock. Mancini is also out of their truckload that they bought last winter. So the options from Mancini is their $138. Proform model made overseas which is the one I had problems with on the dyno, or the Firecore 90432 & 90431 USA made. These sound like a good option, but are billet aluminum so don't look like the old factory ones. They are also about 1/2" taller the a original piece, but will still fit under a air grabber or six pack setup. They use an original Mopar cap and rotor and mechanical advance is adjustable along with vacuum. They are also fully compatable with the orange box, ballast resister, and stock coil.
Jegs also sells one that is probably the Proform model also. My neighbor has one of them and is having issues with it currently.
Until I can find another option, the Firecore @$165. seems like the best solution if a guy wants to keep the rest of his ignition stock.

yup that is a great distributor it will work great I use mine with Msd box. I wanted it because it looks stock. you will get your money out of this no problem it is one of the best purchases I've gotten for my car

Auto Transport Service
Back