• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody running air bag suspension?

chargervert

Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score
I am building a Daytona stock car that I want to drive on the street and track. The car has a Loughlin stock car chassis. The car sits too low to drive it on the street. I was thinking of possibly replacing the coil springs with an airbag suspension to get the ride height needed to drive it on the street. Is anyone using one of these setups? Do you think I would be better off to just go with taller coil springs and tires for street use? I need about 4 inches of ride height to feel comfortable driving it on the street. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks Pete

Some pictures.
20180213_143451.jpg
20180213_143407.jpg
20180311_113313.jpg
20180213_143434.jpg

I have known a few people with air bags on their trucks and they were all positive. I don't see why they wouldn't work on a car, lot's of people use air shocks so why not? You could be the first to install one of those super air systems that you can raise and lower at will or even make it bounce like the thugs or low rider people. Never seen that on a Mopar, especially a Daytona! Good luck with your search. By the way, what's with the 71 Challenger in the background? I have owned 2 70's way back. If you'd like to donate it I am willing to help you out in that regard as well! LOL

Thanks, I am leaning towards a system from Ridetech. I figured that I would mostly be using the car to go to local shows and light cruises. I can set the car up so I can put the coil springs back in for track or auto cross use. The 71 Challenger is a convertible,I use it regularly during the good weather seasons.

I don't know anything about Air Ride but my 1st concern would be how it performes in comparison since it will see track use. I know your typical oil filled shocks have come a long ways where there's plenty of tunability but Air Ride?? What I'm saying is make sure it's not a huge performance handicap before trying it.

Auto Transport Service
Back