• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody Using Mancini 440 Cross Ram Induction Package?

HemiLane

Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Looking for anybody that has had experience with the Mancini 440 Cross Ram Induction Package. Any pros or cons?
I have a '64 Polara 500 with a '63 413 bored .060 over with 440 906 heads and am thinking of getting this set up.
Can't tell, but looks like it may be the A&A intake.
440-cross-ram-induction-package-25.gif

you mite want to check the ports in the intake make sure its not max wedge size ports

Is Mancini the only vendor seller that intake?
A&A also sells the intake, but Mancini is the only one I have found selling complete with carbs, fuel lines, etc. A&A has just the intake for $1995 and Mancini's complete package is $3195

this is an A&A intake. but the max wedge port. RUFFCUT

100_0011.JPG

I have an original Max Wedge cross ram just laying around!

Looking for anybody that has had experience with the Mancini 440 Cross Ram Induction Package. Any pros or cons?
I have a '64 Polara 500 with a '63 413 bored .060 over with 440 906 heads and am thinking of getting this set up.
Can't tell, but looks like it may be the A&A intake.
View attachment 1053743
my dad used the kit with the 440 ports on a 413

NEW 62 POLARA 500 PICS 012.JPG

I ran a max wedge on the street. Its a decent choice. I never had a backfire. If you buy a new one, or any one really, buy 3 sets of intake gaskets. Install with gaskets dry. Remove manifold and check the impressions. For alignment and depth of impressions. Deep impression here and light over there can point out a problem. Odds are a new manifold will be too wide. Rides high on the head. If you need to cut the manifold go to the best shop you can. The manifold is difficult to set up properly to cut down. If you can watch them do it. If you can't check it very closely and test fit it again. 3 sets of intake gaskets!

I'm doing this now. What limits do you get with carb choices. I'd like to run this set up with no scoop and with air cleaners. Goes into an early B body that gets a 440 stock bore. My car is a manual and has power brakes so I'd like to keep some vacuum. What's making you go Cross Ram HemiLane? I want to here what Indy and A&A have to say tomorrow. Cam tech today should be able to tame a Max Wedge but by how much? I'll be watching your responses.

I'm doing this now. What limits do you get with carb choices. I'd like to run this set up with no scoop and with air cleaners. Goes into an early B body that gets a 440 stock bore. My car is a manual and has power brakes so I'd like to keep some vacuum. What's making you go Cross Ram HemiLane? I want to here what Indy and A&A have to say tomorrow. Cam tech today should be able to tame a Max Wedge but by how much? I'll be watching your responses.
I decided against the Cross Ram. The manifold is not going to clear the aftermarket AC compressor and I don't feel like relocating it.

My car originally came with power brakes, but no power steering and no a/c. So I want to stay with the power brakes. I sometimes wonder if vacuum could become a drawback.

Auto Transport Service
Back