• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone been to La Coupol in France?

joe smith

Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Its a WWII V-2 rocket base that was converted into a museum in the late 90's... It looks like quite an impressive place.... On my bucket list...
Anyone been to it?

I googled it once I saw your post. Looks interesting.
Wife’s cousins are in France, up by the border with Italy and Switzerland. He was a kid in WWII. As he drove us around he would point out where the
Germans had massacred so many civilians here, so many over there. Still lots of animosity.
I was surprised at the amount of old fortifications still standing. We would see them on the sides of mountains or along the highways. I always wanted to get out and explore but to him it was just old stuff. He had quite a few rifles that he had picked up after the war. He had “several cubic meters” of ammo that he had picked up, as well. Saw a few old Jeep’s and trucks in back yards.
If you haven’t been to the British Imperial War Museum it’s pretty amazing. You need at least two days to see it, though.
Hopefully someone jumps in here that has been to the museum you were asking about.

Yes, i have been there . Quite impressive.

I googled it once I saw your post. Looks interesting.
Wife’s cousins are in France, up by the border with Italy and Switzerland. He was a kid in WWII. As he drove us around he would point out where the
Germans had massacred so many civilians here, so many over there. Still lots of animosity.
I was surprised at the amount of old fortifications still standing. We would see them on the sides of mountains or along the highways. I always wanted to get out and explore but to him it was just old stuff. He had quite a few rifles that he had picked up after the war. He had “several cubic meters” of ammo that he had picked up, as well. Saw a few old Jeep’s and trucks in back yards.
If you haven’t been to the British Imperial War Museum it’s pretty amazing. You need at least two days to see it, though.
Hopefully someone jumps in here that has been to the museum you were asking about.
A german couple come by Geezer Coffee... He is 97 and was a german soldier, although a coward he said who hid in a basement til it was over.... Some interesting stories...

Back in the 60's & 70's we had a Volkswagen dealer here in town who was a German tank commander in WWII, one year for Hallowen he showed up at a big party in full dress Nazi Garb.... It didn't go well...

Wife used to work with a German doctor from WWII. Captured by the Russians, spent years in hell. Nicest, coolest old guy ever.
The 97 year old former German soldier in my above post and I have spoken about Russian atrocities.... His comment was " we " ( Germans) did the same to them..

My grandfathers best friend joined the Flemish Legion in WW2, a part of the Waffen SS. He spent most of the war fighting around Leningrad, he was lucky to survive and come back home. Spend some years in jail after the war. He never said much about the things he went thru.

I never been to France
But I been to Oklahoma.
Oh, they tell me I was born there
But I really don't remember

Auto Transport Service
Back