• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Dealt With Imperial Services

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
I've been watching the prices of the 1962 transmission mounts for sometime, just in case I would happen to need one in the future and wow, they must be made of gold! I don't know how many times I've Googled them, watched on FleaBay ect. and I've seen them from $200 up to $450! So today I was cleaning mine and sure enough it's broke. Went in the house and Googled it once again and up pops "Imperial Services". Never heard of them. They have them for $99 plus shipping!

So I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with them before. I placed an order and they shot me a email right away. Looks like they have lots of other items for '62-'65 B body's also.

http://www.imperialservices.net/Bparts.html

I've used their stuff before. No issues with all but one mount. It was in a big-HP racecar, and broke the metal part. Overall...2 thumbs up.

Schumacher lists the same mounts for $99. See engine-swaps.com

Schumacher lists the same mounts for $99. See engine-swaps.com
I was looking at Schumacher, kind of confusing looking at the "swap" items. I'll know now! Thanks.

i've used them but think they've been out of business for a while.

Maybe that's why they just popped up all of a sudden?

Bought a new shift cable for a slanty 65 w904 about 12 years ago, and a conversion kit for cable shift to linkage shift . Very pleased with quality and design. They may be out of business.

Bought a new shift cable for a slanty 65 w904 about 12 years ago, and a conversion kit for cable shift to linkage shift . Very pleased with quality and design. They may be out of business.
Apparently they're not out of business. I made a transaction with them today. After I paid I received a conformation email from them.

"[email protected], Thanks for your purchase. Will ship asap, order number, total cost, ect."

Apparently they're not out of business. I made a transaction with them today. After I paid I received a conformation email from them.

"[email protected], Thanks for your purchase. Will ship asap, order number, total cost, ect."

That's good news.

They have a great selection,have heard their delivery time can be a problem.
Right before you hit the "purchase" button, you have to check a box that states, "can take three to four weeks delivery" if you don't check the box, you can't go any further.

When I saw this I stopped right there and tried to call them. Got a recording to leave a name and number and they would get right back to you. So I took a chance and finished the purchase. Right away I received their conformation email and it stated they will ship asap.

I might still try to call tomorrow just to find out what's what.

Last edited:
I "see" remotely that it's one guy or three making products to order, so have some respect for hand crafted products that would be otherwise un-obtainable.
Anyone who had a weird combo with a split at @ 1965 should give business to these folks!!

While we're on the subject, is this what you normally find with the cross member and the transmission mount. Tabs bent out and a tight fit with the mount? (1962 Dodge)
Screenshot_2017-02-28-20-20-19.jpg

20170228_201628.jpg

Steve did a name change to proamerican awhile back.Some kind of restructure thing.Had something to do with family business after a member passing if I remember. He made/makes all the products for Schumacher Creative Services. Had some MAJOR problems with delivery dates.If you can buy from Schumacher and it is in stock I would go that way. In the late 90's I did lots of business with them. I ordered a 65 cable to later 727 kit around 2005.Took 3 years to get it with at least 50 phone calls.Project was done with a 66 up column shift set up way before.I don't even know what I did with the kit,never opened the box.I believe all is back to normal by now.Buyer beware.

I forgot to say that I paid for it up front when they were at Carlisle.Never did they say we will refund or sorry for the delay when I did get someone on the phone all I got was "It will be checked into".

Last edited:
O
Steve did a name change to proamerican awhile back.Some kind of restructure thing.Had something to do with family business after a member passing if I remember. He made/makes all the products for Schumacher Creative Services. Had some MAJOR problems with delivery dates.If you can buy from Schumacher and it is in stock I would go that way. In the late 90's I did lots of business with them. I ordered a 65 cable to later 727 kit around 2005.Took 3 years to get it with at least 50 phone calls.Project was done with a 66 up column shift set up way before.I don't even know what I did with the kit,never opened the box.I believe all is back to normal by now.Buyer beware.

I forgot to say that I paid for it up front when they were at Carlisle.Never did they say we will refund or sorry for the delay when I did get someone on the phone all I got was "It will be checked into".
On the website there is a story about his history and it goes along the lines like you stated. I'm having second thoughts about the order that I placed with them. I've tried calling the last two days and their voice-mail is full. I guess time will tell. I'm needing the trans mount to do the install but the old one can do until I see what happens. Or go ahead and order another one from Schumacher and sell theirs when it arrives. If it does!

Not the way to do business in my book. You need to have good communications with the public. Worse case is, this could be a scam by someone taking over their abandoned website. I can't verify their existence...

Kkid, I hope it works out. Keep us updated, they do offer needed products that you can't find anywhere else.

Auto Transport Service
Back