• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Drive Their Mopar With the Headlights On All the Time?

I have become used to the -automatic- headlight function of my driver cars for many years.
Back in the day -with the cars of the topic--I seldom used the headlights in the daytime after forgetting to turn them off a few times :eek:

Having to jumpstart the car in the morning -to get to work on time- a few times cured me of using them in daylight hours.

Last edited:
I don't, but my 70 Road Runner is Limelight - not sure it is needed!!!

I do like daytime running lights. I added them to my daughters 2007 California Special Mustang, and I like the extra safety. I never wanted to screw with the original look of my Road Runner, so I never did. I did think about wiring up a custom circuit to power the turn signals, because I think they look cool the way they sit in the bumper. However, I have never made the time to do it.

Hawk

I actually have an irrational hatred of DRL's. I have deactivated them on any vehicle I was going to wind up driving for any length of time.
Never liked them, going back to when GM started running them on some of their stuff many moons ago.

I see too many people driving with drl's on at night, and don't realize they need to turn on their lights so that the tail lights work.

I used to drive with my parking light s on in my charger back in high school there was 2 old mopars, my 74 charger and a 73 rr clone ,a trans am (79) ,and a 78 Nova , we did the running light thing because all the newer cars didn't have them! Those were the days everyone wanted Honda's and the 318 had enough hp to win all races (except for the trans am he smoked my ***) ..... Then came the big bad 440 !!!!! What trans am!

I always liked the look of the park lights on in the day and especially in the evening before the sun goes down. I have thought about the idea of adding halo rings to the outside headlights for a unique look and would also provide good visibility in the day time. Anybody done this?

What good are running lights when the other drivers are all looking down at their crotches, texting, and won't see you until they hit you???
:mad:

I have always despised the idiots driving with their parking lights on. The term "parking lights" should not be confusing to anyone smart enough to pass a drivers test. Daytime driving lights has been a Generic Motors thing for many years as has Motor Cycle headlights on for safety. I understand the Motor Cycle issue because of their smaller size but have never bought into the daytime thing. If you can't see a full sized vehicle coming at you from a block away I'm not sure headlights will help much. Most states have a law requiring headlights on from dusk to dawn and during inclement weather. Times other than that, I don't use mine. For damn sure don't drive pretending to be parked.

Same can be said for navigating systems.
If you don't know where you are going, stay home.

3E7D72A2-228E-473A-8DED-8AAB14880721.jpeg
Always on. Habit established to never forget to turn off. Gotta use every tool you have with todays knuckleheaded drivers. Never had a charging issue.

Last edited:
Never run my lights during the day - wouldn’t remember to turn them off. New cars it’s an auto function. With our old iron you have to,think. I don’t like to think - I’m retired.......

For a daily driver you could install the LED halo style low beams to activate with the key on. The latest ones are bright enough to serve as DRLs.

I personally don't use them and don't run my headlights in the daytime unless the wipers are on. I learned that from driving in Washington D.C. where it's the law.

Driving with park lights on makes as much since as driving with the emergency flashers on. They are there for a purpose and thats not it.

Don't you people know that this was a communist plot by the US Govt. funded by headlight makers so that the headlight Mfgr's. could make more money by selling more headlights? I was never for it to begin with!

Its is like driving with lighted digital dash. Dash light in the day time as well as night.

Dont know how many time under city street lights I have failed to turn the lights on on count of this. Our old vehicles dont promote that problem. I use to associate turning the lights on when the dash gauges needed light to read.

Auto Transport Service
Back