• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else ever come across this?

mr.belvedere

Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Had to cut into my dash harness today to fix the blue ignition run feed wire from the ignition switch. I was doing some other work to the dash when I happened to see the melted wire. Strange, as the car starts, runs, charges and drives with no issues, and can find absolutey no other damage behind the dash or out under the hood. But as perplexed as I was to not find any reason for this burnt wire, I was even more perplexed with the attached photo. Maybe Ford and MoPar had the same vendor for wiring back then, and an assembler was playing a joke only to be found 50 years later? This is a virgin harness only ever cut into by myself, and that paper tag was under a few layers of electrical tape near the factory splice on that blue wire. Anyone else ever see this?
20190602_194112.jpg

Maybe someone in the past accidentally short circuited that wires' function?
Mike

I had the same problem with the blue wire on my '68 Charger, but no, I have never found a Fomoco tag on a Mopar harness. That's a good trick that someone played.

Auto Transport Service
Back