• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else tired of Mopars that leak?

chargervert

Local time
9:10 AM
Reaction score
One of my cars is leaking in the engine bay, and the other one leaks on my head. I need to find a way to stay dry! Any ideas?
20180309_175751.jpg
20180309_175802.jpg

The newest component leaks the most. Tremec TKO 5 pisses fluid. Does, did, and always will.
Speed cable, front seal, real seal. When it stops, I'll fill it up again.

Never had a problem with mine. One time a neighbor came over and asked how I kept my driveway so clean. Told him I didn't drive Ford products :D He was a staunch Ford guy and that comment pissed him off to the point his face turned red as a beet!

Switch to small blocks, the don't leak til 150k and then keep going

The LA and Magnum engines benefitted from ongoing development up until they went out of production in the early 2000s. The B/RB was not around long enough to take advantage of better gasket and oil pan technology. My 5.7 HEMI in my 2007 truck has 301,000 miles and does not leak at all.
Amazing.
Ever heard of "The Right Stuff" ? I read it is some super sealant that really works...but is a real pain in the peehole when and if you have to remove the pan, valve covers...anything that you used it on.

The newest component leaks the most. Tremec TKO 5 pisses fluid. Does, did, and always will.
Speed cable, front seal, real seal. When it stops, I'll fill it up again.

They all do it.

They're just marking their territory...

I ride a 55 Harley Davidson i built from the ground up it leaks one drip i look at it this way its 63 years old its earned a drip or two lol

Mine is 50 years old this year. I give it that drug finisteride and it stops the leaking -just like my crank stops leaking when I take it ......

Some of them may leak a little but at least they last a long, long time and look good doing it! I ain't about to abandon my Mopars unless it's for another Mopar! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back