• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Esle in the Garage Waiting on Spring

Chongo 68

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:21 PM
Reaction score
IMG_2702.jpg
30 degrees here today, no sign of spring yet, cleaned up the car, charged the battery...having a few cold snacks, patiently waiting! IMG_2703.jpg IMG_2705.jpg

Went for a 45 minute cruise with Submit in the 4-speed Charger before the rain set in. First ride this year. High 50's here.

I still have 1-2 feet of snow on my property...driveway is finally clear of ice and snow but it's like driving on mashed potatoes! Be another 4-6 weeks at least before I'll venture out with my wagon.

I keep reminding myself it’s still March in WI

Two years in a row I pulled the plow off the work truck in March only to have two of the biggest snow storms come in April - And that was only a few years back

I worked at the Airport this morning and it felt like January with the straight line winds and snow

But eventually Spring will show up , like in July

Nope
it's been/is really nice here
about 300+ days a year average
it's been over 60* - 70*+ the past couple of weeks
a couple of minor rain days here & there
& we even had snow a couple of times too, within the last month
nice warm, clear & sunny most times

other than the 60 or so, average days of crap weather we get
I can't complain

I still procrastinate on my projects thou... :poke:

no salt on our roads out here either

Last edited:
A few days of tax return work and then I can get these ready for Spring... Figure I have a month..got the batteries all topped so far.
carsinshopmar212022 020.jpg

Then to add more pain

We have to wait for some major rain storms just to clean all the salt and brine off the roads
before all our toys can come out of the garage

It's gonna snow tomorrow with an expected high of 22 on Monday.
I'm pretty anxious I've got a bunch of stuff to do this spring.

Yes, sitting here waiting to get them out and to start working on Charger #2, the Roached Runner and the Belvedere.

20210320_161519.jpg 20210530_123505.jpg 20210530_123448.jpg 20211002_103536_HDR.jpg FB_IMG_1633715557979.jpg

We moved this on a trailer over a month ago from a barn to the garage

It runs

A6F4CE73-839B-413B-8FE0-09EBE3F8D43F.jpeg 82E4BCCC-EDB6-4DEF-88CF-F83BA7C85205.jpeg

Still cold, damp, and windy here. Just brought some more firewood up on the deck, cold week ahead....

I will be Out in the garage all weekend rebuilding the front suspension in the 67 Coronet. I just bought .

Got the uppers done and ready to go back in.
Will be pulling the K frame and lowers out today and tomorrow . needs lower control arm bushings

Resized_20220326_144432.jpeg

Don’t get me started, I hate cold weather and hate it even more with snow!

I took the car out for a cruise a week or so ago when the sun peeked out and was happy that I did as it exposed a minor fuel issue which I believe is now fixed. Handheld for the EFI also packed it in, so new one arriving this week. Hoping for a sunny day to take it to a friend's place and get it up on the lift to put in the new Hotchkiss bars, shocks, FF quick ratio pitman/idler and new master cylinder. Still deciding if I'm gonna treat myself to some new wheels & tires. Got about a month before the first run of the year. I did wash it yesterday.

Last edited:
85 degrees F here today, but morning is still cool (not likely according to a bunch of you guys, but to me it is)...

Glad I live in Colorado. We already have car shows going on. Also we don't do the "put her away for the winter" crap around here.

Auto Transport Service
Back