• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever do touch up with dye?

BIGSHCLUNK

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:08 PM
Reaction score
I made the mistake of wanting to clean my convert boot. Which I assumed ( :banghead: ) was black. It's actually dark green. :faint: So it must have been dyed before. Now I have a few spots where the green is coming thru. Obviously its been dyed before, how do I touch up the green spots?? The boot isn't canvas like on my Pontiac, its vinyl (pleather??)

MODS - sorry if this is in the wrong place......

Get the SEM Landau black, make sure everything is clean before shooting. Do a few light coats until covered and not a spray bomb as that will fill the graining and make it look crappy. Good Luck

Used black dye on my seat belts worked great made them look brand new

For small spots and a quick fix, I have used a black Sharpie :icon_redface:

This is the second rec for SEM, that must be the way to go. I've got spots to big for a sharpie.

I used SEM but even that will wear over time on things that are commonly touched/used like the arm rests and the horn pad. At least it did on mine and I cleaned the parts pretty darn well before application.

Cleaning the item well is the key. SEM makes a cleaner but the supply house I get my upholstery supplies says use 409.

Auto Transport Service
Back