• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone ever put 20s on a 71-74 b-body?

tom383

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
I have a 72 RR and am looking at a set of MSR wheels. They look similar to the ones on the GTX-R built on TV a while back. Anyone have pictures of 20s on a b-body?
What size tires should I run?
thinking 275/40/20 and 245/35/20
Thanks in advance.

:mad::rolling:wow come on man i can see going with a 17 inch maybe 18 but 20's on a mopar just aint right!! just my opinion!! it's going to look like those damn 86 model caprices you see with lift kits bigger than a truck! ghetto is my opinion!!

wheels

what about the wrecks to riches purple gtx clone, or the red and white GTX-R, themed after the ACR viper?
i think they look pretty nice. Id like to paint the car black, and run the msr in a light silver with polished lip....i think it would look nice...ive always ran 15" cragars or welds(they are on it now), but it won't hurt to try...
thanks for the input!

I think the GTX-R was running Bonspeed wheels. Barry White puts 20's on everything because it's popular, not because it's practical. Usually you should run wheels big enough to clear the brakes. Although the trend seems to be buying brakes to fit your wheels. You might check into a 335/35-18. Done a few of those and they look pretty good on older rides....

ordered my new wheels and tires today....went with the Boss 338, in grey. Tires are Nitto NT555s. Will post pics when they get here.

Oh, and I got them in 18's

Barry White from Wrecks to Riches is nothing more than a hack who should stick to building Chevys!!

These right?

Boss-3380-Deep-t.jpg

yep thats them 18x8 with a 245 and 18x9, with a 295

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I've seen 17's, and yeah, I could go with that. Looked good. Maybe a torque Thrust style too. The suspensions were "squoooshy" to say the least.

thanks everyone...i will be painting the car black before i put them on...installing the front spoilers, new carpet, new buckets, and i have a pistol grip quarter stick for it....should be neat in a few weeks!!!
Thanks again for the input.

Good lookin wheel.

Taste is subjective. There are a lot of things members (and others) do to their cars that I don't like, but I try to remember "it's THEIR car" and then just bite my tongue.

So try to remember that, and don't flame some guy cause he likes something different.

THIS on the other hand.....
DSC03644.jpg

Good lookin wheel.

DSC03644.jpg

DINGLEBALLS!!!!!

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Good lookin wheel.

Taste is subjective. There are a lot of things members (and others) do to their cars that I don't like, but I try to remember "it's THEIR car" and then just bite my tongue.

So try to remember that, and don't flame some guy cause he likes something different.

DSC03644.jpg

Wow Tem, you weren't kidding when you said you got the cushy corner office....:tongueflap:

Auto Transport Service
Back