• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Fabricate Their Own Door Sill Plates?

Dibbons

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
The 71-74 door sill plates split at the ends, at least mine have. I guess they are constructed of thin aluminum. I have already had fabricated in stainless steel the glove compartment, rear deck shelf, and rear seat trunk divider. I am thinking about doing the same the these inferior door sill pieces. Anyone out there beat me to it, I would like to see how they turned out? Thank you.

door sill plates.jpg

If you've posted pics of the other things you fabbed up, I missed it.....and wouldn't mind seeing them.

I've been looking forever for fabbed door sills. I've powder coated them to give them a better finish and durability.

The 71-74 door sill plates split at the ends, at least mine have. I guess they are constructed of thin aluminum. I have already had fabricated in stainless steel the glove compartment, rear deck shelf, and rear seat trunk divider. I am thinking about doing the same the these inferior door sill pieces. Anyone out there beat me to it, I would like to see how they turned out? Thank you.

View attachment 768907
Wow super nice job!

That door sill foto in post #1 is reproduction stuff I found on the internet. I have not tried to fab anything yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back