• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone familiar with Quik Wire

Car #4

Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
What is the switch on the bottom of this box for?

IMG_1062.jpg

I would assume it's a master kill switch. But I have never seen it before.

That's what I thought too but I turned it off and the engine would still turn over.

Go to their website, it explains it. I have their kit but didn't think that switch was worth what they were charging for it.

I think it cuts power to the coil so the engine will turn over but won't fire.

Go to their website, it explains it. I have their kit but didn't think that switch was worth what they were charging for it.

I think it cuts power to the coil so the engine will turn over but won't fire.
Thanks.

Coil Kill Switch

https://kwikwire.com/22-circuit-with-ground-kit/

Yesterday I ordered up the least expensive 21-circuit wiring harness on Amazon. I plan to check it out carefully, get wire type, lengths, gauges and such to see if it's worth the $90 or so? It also looks to be the same as many of the other 21-circuit harnesses that cost < $200, and the base harness for kits costing much more, tut those kits include more connectors for the dash, turn signals, and such along with some of the switches.

Anyhow, someone butchered the wiring on the Jensen Interceptor, so I may use it to re-wire that car?

Auto Transport Service
Back